[SOLVED] PC open nat and moderate nat

Dec 5, 2019
Hello, all I hope someone can help figure this out. My brother and I are currently playing COD: MW 2019 and we have the problem of my computer having an Open NAT and he is set to Strict NAT. After a bunch of research, I have learned that we both cannot have Open NAT which is fine. However, due to game constraints, he cannot talk in voice chat because of the Strict setting. I'm wondering is it possible to set up the network so that we can get him to Moderate NAT so that he can voice chat in-game to other players? Our router is a Netgear C7000v2 and our ISP is Sparklight (formerly CableOne).

Solution
The NAT may not change but, at least the way most work, even on a strict NAT Policy if you forward the port and open it to him he should be able to get it to work. At least thats how the firewalls at my work do. We have multiple access policies and can add, in AD, rights to certain things which allow the users to have the access even though the general policy is pretty locked down.
Dec 5, 2019
Your router should have the ability to open ports as needed. No need for a server to do so.
Ok I found out how to set static IP's for both of our computers. I found the list for the ports for the game and gave us each a different one. After forwarding the ports my NAT is still Open and he is still on Strict.

The NAT may not change but, at least the way most work, even on a strict NAT Policy if you forward the port and open it to him he should be able to get it to work. At least thats how the firewalls at my work do. We have multiple access policies and can add, in AD, rights to certain things which allow the users to have the access even though the general policy is pretty locked down.

Solution
The only way to have two consoles use the same ports is one of the newer implementations of upnp. The program tells the router to port forward right when it's required. So as long as you both don't connect to a game at the same time, unless it's the same game, it will work.

Consoles may have two sets of ports available. So you can manually port forward 1 set to each.

Feb 13, 2019
The way I do this for the two xbox's on my network is to assign them static IPs such as 192.168.10.81 and 192.168.10.82. I then set the .81 xbox to use port Y and the .82 xbox to use port Z. Finally I set the router to forward TCP and UDP ports Y and Z to .81 and .82 respectively. Both xbox's have open NATs with this configuration. There should be a similar process in COD on the PC to use different ports on each PC.