PC Opens randomly after a "Sleep"

Alex Kordatzakis

Reputable
Jul 11, 2017
Why my PC is opening again in a random time after " Sleep"?? I'm running windows 10 pro and all my specs. is

CPU: I5-6600
GPU:GTX 750Ti
motherboard:Asus H-110 D D3
Ram: 16 Gb DDR3
Case: Zalmank Z9 NEO BLACK

Answer please????

Solution
Probably because some process or peripheral such as your mouse and keyboard are by default, set to wake your computer, and you haven't yet disabled that ability.

There are several places you have to go and check, to ensure this doesn't happen.

I always start with attached devices that can wake a machine, and disable those devices that should not be waking the machine. To perform this, do the following:

lOUiuXz.gif
Left mouse-click the Start menu and type command. In the Best match list that is presented, left mouse-click Command Prompt.

i8ef4FM.gif
Type powercfg /devicequery wake_armed into the command prompt and press...
Probably because some process or peripheral such as your mouse and keyboard are by default, set to wake your computer, and you haven't yet disabled that ability.

There are several places you have to go and check, to ensure this doesn't happen.

I always start with attached devices that can wake a machine, and disable those devices that should not be waking the machine. To perform this, do the following:

lOUiuXz.gif
Left mouse-click the Start menu and type command. In the Best match list that is presented, left mouse-click Command Prompt.

i8ef4FM.gif
Type powercfg /devicequery wake_armed into the command prompt and press Enter, and you'll be presented with a list of devices that can wake the computer from sleep. Typically you will see mice, keyboard, and networking devices. Having peripherals set to wake the computer often results in seemingly random wake up events, as devices such as a computer mouse tend to "see" even slight movement from time to time unless turned off or flipped upside down so the sensor is essentially blind.

You can disable a devices ability to wake the computer through Device Manager.

WVZLgJ7.gif
Right mouse-click the Start menu and choose Device Manager to open it.

jiTLg3W.gif

In Device Manager, look for devices that were listed in the command prompt under their corresponding categories. Double left mouse-click or left mouse-click the small triangle next to the device category you wish to expand, to find the device you want to disallow to wake the computer.

Double-click the device to view it's properties and select the Power Management tab. On the Power Management tab, uncheck Allow this device to wake the computer.
Click OK to save the changes.

Do this for each device listed in command prompt that shouldn't be waking the computer. You may have to look at several devices before you find the correct one that has the Power Management tab in it's properties. The names aren't always fully descriptive, and you may see what appear to be duplicates of hardware devices.

tUz18tK.gif
After disabling wake for your hardware devices, you can rerun the powercfg query at the command prompt to verify that those devices are no longer listed as able to wake the computer.

EAU0XhD.gif
Left mouse-click the Start menu and type command. In the Best match list that is presented, right mouse-click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.

hIhjmOs.gif
Type powercfg /waketimers into the command prompt and press Enter, and you'll be presented with a list of software tasks that are scheduled to wake the computer from sleep.

You can modify scheduled tasks ability to wake the computer through the Task Scheduler.

htpaOfC.png
PAahePA.gif
Press Windows Key+R, type taskschd.msc, and click OK, to open it.

Browse through the Task Scheduler Library group by double left mouse-clicking it, and double-clicking subsequent groups until you have located the task you want to disallow waking the computer for.

Double-click the task to view it's properties and select the Conditions tab. On the Conditions tab, uncheck Wake the computer to run this task.

mEyHgYy.gif
Click OK to save the changes.

Do this for each task listed in command prompt that shouldn't be waking the computer. You may have to look at several scheduled tasks before you find the correct one that has Wake enabled on the Conditions tab in it's properties.

There are some tasks that Microsoft will revert back to waking the machine for, so this is not always a complete solution. If you find a task that is being reset by Windows to wake the machine, you will need to take ownership of the task and set it to read only, which should effectively prevent Windows from modifying it at that point. I'm not including instructions for that here as the post is already long enough.

Disable Wake Timers for each power profile through the Power Options for Windows.

htpaOfC.png
wZN0AvM.gif
Press Windows Key+R, type control powercfg.cpl, and click OK, to open it.

In the Power Options window, click Change plan settings next to one of the listed power plans. You may see one or more plans. On the Edit Plan Settings window that opens, click Change advanced power settings.

ZXJoY0K.gif
svlpgPH.gif
In the Advanced settings window, locate the Sleep group heading and expand it to find Allow wake timers.

3O7zcum.gif
Set Allow wake timers to Disable and click Apply to save your changes. Perform this change for each power plan by selecting a different power plan from the drop down box and performing the same steps to disallow wake timers, Applying the changes for each power plan to save them.

Hopefully this helps you track down and prevent your computer from randomly waking from sleep.

Solution

Alex Kordatzakis

Reputable
Jul 11, 2017

Thank you sooooo much!! You are awesome!! Everything is fine now!! Have a nice day!!