Pc operating system problem?!?

Bigbubbaaaaaaaaaa

Honorable
Dec 15, 2013
So, a few months after I made my pc, I started experiencing a problem where the monitor, keyboard and mouse would shut off and I would have to restart the computer. Once it just all stopped working so I replaced my motherboard but nothing changed, then randomly, it started working again. It started having the problem again where it would do one of three things, shut off, restart or turn off the mouse, keyboard and monitor. Usually it's the last one. I also get the error code of 0xc000001 or something like that when it restarts itself. I'm led to believe it's a problem with the operating system and I think it would fix if I was able to restart it. But it shuts off before I can get to the clean hard drive button on Windows 8. Any help on how to clean the hard drive? Or to fix this problem?

Solution

Right. That's why you have to find out what it is. We can't just assume it is a faulty OS. It might be, but it might be something else.

Boot up and get into the BIOS. Stop there.
Let it sit for a while and see what happens.

USAFRet

Titan

Right. That's why you have to find out what it is. We can't just assume it is a faulty OS. It might be, but it might be something else.

Boot up and get into the BIOS. Stop there.
Let it sit for a while and see what happens.

Solution