Question PC or monitor Issue ?

Jul 21, 2021
So I finally got the PC to turn on and all the fans work, and tried to hook it up to a monitor. For some reason, nothing shows up, and I don't entirely know if it's the monitor or if there's something wrong with the parts within the PC ?

Any ideas of what can be done? I'm curious, because I think all that was left was checking up on the Bios and installing the OS...I think!

I know it's nothing to do with the monitor being bad or damaged, I tested the HDMI with the laptop to test and it does connect to it, but still puzzled!

(Also, thanks to those who moved this to a different forum category! I was torn by what this counted as!)

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2021
What parts in the pc? means psu as well=maker+model+wattage.

Check all connections/cables, means also front panel cables. Use the manual of the motherboard to make sure.
The PSU is a Corsair RM Series RM750 Performance ATX (the 80 Plus Gold version), with a wattage of 750.

The other parts include a Corsair H100i RGB Platinum Liquid PC Cooler, a GEFORCE GTX 750Ti GPU Boost 2.0 Graphics Card (a temporary one until a better one becomes available), and a Cooler Master Addressable RGB LED Controller. Ironically, the Front Panels where an issue before when I was wondering why none of the fans or lights coming on even with the instructions, but it got fixed when I changed the direction of the cords (originally facing away from the bottom of the Motherboard did nothing but changing them to be facing at the bottom made everything work).

Gonna take a look at the manual a bit to scan through it and see if there's anything else needing to be done, so I'll reply back when I have checking through it again!

So I finally got the PC to turn on and all the fans work, and tried to hook it up to a monitor. For some reason, nothing shows up, and I don't entirely know if it's the monitor or if there's something wrong with the parts within the PC ?

Any ideas of what can be done? I'm curious, because I think all that was left was checking up on the Bios and installing the OS...I think!

I know it's nothing to do with the monitor being bad or damaged, I tested the HDMI with the laptop to test and it does connect to it, but still puzzled!

(Also, thanks to those who moved this to a different forum category! I was torn by what this counted as!)
Have you tried to get into the BIOS? Hitting the "Delete" key on the keyboard repeatedly after pressing the front panel Power button should do the trick (if it's working). What is the make/model of your motherboard?

Jul 21, 2021
Really would like cpu+motherboard info as well.
After a long while, of some sleepless nights and busy work days, I was able to get it to show up on the Monitor. Apparently, I searched all of the instruction books of everything I had an found nothing wrong. The thing that was off to me though was in the Motherboard, however, was the + and - PLEDs were listed in two different places in the instructions. I swapped them to where the other example showed (both separate by a gap instead of being next to each other above the HDD_LED) and the monitor showed it started up.

Just glad it actually did, because I was starting to wonder if there was the chance of faulty parts. Thank you for the suggestion of going over thoroughly, Vic! I appreciate it!

Reactions: Vic 40
Jul 21, 2021
Have you tried to get into the BIOS? Hitting the "Delete" key on the keyboard repeatedly after pressing the front panel Power button should do the trick (if it's working). What is the make/model of your motherboard?
I actually did get it working again, just swapped the location of the PLEDs + and - to a secondary spot that was listed in the instructions and it works. Now I just gotta figure out what to do next, but will keep that in mind in case it's needed! Thank you for the idea though, Rick!