PC overheat Solutions!!! Need Help!!!!

Justn

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
Hi everyone, I live in India and here in Summer's we get baked by Room Temp of 42° - 45° Celsius and my Core 2 Duo E7500 has an Idle Temp of 48°c - 52°c with stock Cooler and without Overclocking .

Now when I play Heavy Game likes Battlefield 3 then Processor gets under 100 percent load and temps go over 80°c and my MotherBoard gives me a Buzzer Sound due to overheat and sometimes It also causes Blue Screen error .

Now I don't have much Budget, The Cabinet I have supports 2 80mm Fans from Side Panel and 1 80 or 90mm Fan from Back Side . I want to Know If I can keep my Cabinet Cool with those 3 Fans ( I Don't have Any Fan in my Cabinet except Processor, GPU and PSU Fan )

Or I should get a CPU Cooler ? As I said I don't have much Options so I've selected a CPU Cooler and Its Name is - Deepcool Gammxx 300 Tower Cooler .

This Cooler is LGA775 Supported but I always feared Tower Cooler Due to the Massive Weight Attached to the MoBo . Now I have Gigabyte G41M-Combo MoBo . Will My MoBo be able to support the Weight of this Tower Cooler ?

P.S - While Monitoring with RealTemp, While I was Scrolling in Facebook the Temp went to 60°c to 64°c :/

Solution
No you'll have no problem with regards to the weight as it's 490g and to put that in perspective a top of the line Noctua or similar will be twice that weight.

I'll add that given the ambient heat factor you've described when playing game or under heavy loads that raise the temps to such high levels, one thing you could do if possible is to simply remove the side panel of your case. Give it a try... monitor the closed case temps and then the open case temps. I suspect you'll see at least a few degrees difference that will be an advantage.

Pibee

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
No you'll have no problem with regards to the weight as it's 490g and to put that in perspective a top of the line Noctua or similar will be twice that weight.

I'll add that given the ambient heat factor you've described when playing game or under heavy loads that raise the temps to such high levels, one thing you could do if possible is to simply remove the side panel of your case. Give it a try... monitor the closed case temps and then the open case temps. I suspect you'll see at least a few degrees difference that will be an advantage.

Solution

Justn

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014

Opening Side Panel helped me by only 2° or 3°c . Thanks for the Help, I'll get that Cooler Asap :)