PC Partition Problems (205gb Recovery Partion)

Solution
There are two ways to do it, but I'd need a lot more information about what's on that drive before I can guarantee that neither one will break your system. If anything is installed to the D: drive, then changing the drive letter of where that stuff resides will break that software; it will not run. It's also strange that you have so many recovery partitions. Merging the space on the drive for C and D into one drive may break your ability to do recovery.

This is a very strange layout. What make and model of machine is it? Did it come set up like this, or have you done any OS installs or partitioning?

AlexDeGuy

Reputable
Jun 2, 2015

Its a Fujitsu, I reinstalled windows a couple of times, I havent Partitioned it and it came like that.
Lets just say Fujitsu Like there Recovery Space...

Reyaz123

Admirable
If c drive was already the main drive you used to save files, do this

If you have no important info on drive d, (if you remember that you didnt install windows into drive d) you can do this

While logged into windows do this:
Open disk management
Delete the volume in disk management by right clicking your d drive and select delete volume

Then right click your c drive and select expand volume. Keep clicking ok and finish

AlexDeGuy

Reputable
Jun 2, 2015

Is there any risk doing this?

Reyaz123

Admirable

Yes but only if:
You have the windows files, folders, program files folder, your files, and you installed your OS on the D drive, do not do it

If you have the windows files, folders, program files folders, and you installed your OS on the C drive, there is no risk in extending your drive with the deleted d drive volume.

Always backup your data to an external if you can.

AlexDeGuy

Reputable
Jun 2, 2015

Okay, Ill give it a go.

Reyaz123

Admirable

Do you remember installing OS? why is there 2 recovery partitions?
After you have done these steps, do not reboot your system yet.
Set the page file to drive c first
http://superuser.com/questions/237813/how-can-i-move-the-page-file-to-another-physical-disk-location

Make a recovery disk for your system too if you havent deleted that volume D yet.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/create-usb-recovery-drive

Solution