Question PC performance issue?

magicammo

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2014
Not sure if I'm having a performance issue or not but I'll list my specs below and then explain.

Mobo: Asus z270 maximus IX code
CPU: i7 6700k stock
GPU: aorus gtx 1080 ti 11gb stock
RAM: 16bg 2133mhz
Storage: Corsair 480gb ssd, crucial 1tb ssd, 1tb nvme don't remember the brand
PSU: NZXT C850w
I game at 1080p

So it hasn't really bugged me up until this point but my in game performance is lacking. In games like Apex I'm getting around 75-120 fps not bad. Warzone is where it starts slacking max fps I'll get is maybe 90 but others with the same set up are reporting frame rates significantly higher.
I just tried new world and holy crap it's very unstable I know MMOs are CPU intensive but I can't even get a stable 60fps. In towns I get below 30 and out side of towns I'll get 70 if I don't look around if I look around it will drop to the low 40s. I tested an older MMO which is eso and while I get playable fps it's still concerning that it even lower than those who play at 4k or 1440p even also CPU and GPU don't go over 40% usage. I feel like I'm missing out on at least 30% performance compaired toothers. Any ideas? Could it be my ram speed causing this because I know it is on the slower side.
I am upgrading my CPU to a Ryzen 5800x not because of this but because I got a great deal on all the e parts
Any ideas?

Lutfij

Titan
New World is crippling even the most high end of systems, which in hindsight is the same story that happened when Crysis(the first one) came out. The game you spoke of is designed with the same engine, so again, that game is badly designed(coded) and the results are warranted. Amazon hopefully might come out with a fix...but the question of when is not known.

As for your platform, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? You should've gone with a dual channel DDR4-3200MHz ram kit to work on that platform and bring out it's potential considering you have a Z series motherboard and a K suffix processor. How old is the NZXT PSU in the build?

Version for Windows 10 on your platform?

magicammo

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2014
New World is crippling even the most high end of systems, which in hindsight is the same story that happened when Crysis(the first one) came out. The game you spoke of is designed with the same engine, so again, that game is badly designed(coded) and the results are warranted. Amazon hopefully might come out with a fix...but the question of when is not known.

As for your platform, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? You should've gone with a dual channel DDR4-3200MHz ram kit to work on that platform and bring out it's potential considering you have a Z series motherboard and a K suffix processor. How old is the NZXT PSU in the build?

Version for Windows 10 on your platform?
Tbh I haven't updated the bios to the newest version so I believe I'm still on a version from 2019 or 2020. Yea I upgraded from a lower end z170 board to this one and didn't want to spend extra money on RAM lol. I actually picked up a 32gb kit of 3200mhz ram yesterday for my Ryzen upgrade thought igrabbed the 3600mhz so I gotta return it haha. I believe I'm running the latest version of windows and I've had this PSU for almost a year now.

Wait your telling me new world is using cryengine? Did not know this. There's people with similar builds to mine saying they are getting fps in the high 100s and low 50s in towns in new world on high settings I call B's honestly