[SOLVED] PC Performance Issues.

Oct 11, 2018
Hello, I have never had this issue until recently but while playing games I will frequently go from 200ish FPS to 20 or 30. It's very frustrating but after about a week of frustration I decided to look into it further by checking my usages while playing games and I noticed that when I start to lag my CPU usage goes from 50+ to 20ish. My GPU usage stays relatively the same for the most part.

My current system specs are
Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB
AMD FX 8320
16GB DDR3

(Never had an issue with this configuration until now)

Solution
Download a hardware monitoring app like msi AB and use the overlay to check temps while gaming, sounds like your cpu is thermal throttling and causing the performance issues you're experiencing. If your temps are higher than 85c-90c your cpu heatsink may have come loose or you need to reapply thermal paste. Also check cpu heatsink fan to see that it's working properly
Download a hardware monitoring app like msi AB and use the overlay to check temps while gaming, sounds like your cpu is thermal throttling and causing the performance issues you're experiencing. If your temps are higher than 85c-90c your cpu heatsink may have come loose or you need to reapply thermal paste. Also check cpu heatsink fan to see that it's working properly

Solution