[SOLVED] PC performing below expected?

JGdude

Commendable
Apr 22, 2020
I'm not the best at looking at PC statistics and telling why (or if) something is wrong. It'd be really helpful to have some trained eyes on where I could improve if nothing is specifically wrong, or incase something is going terribly and I haven't noticed.

I ran a UserBenchMark test, and I got pretty good scores, 120 gaming, 86 desktop, 124 workstation.
However for my specs, and looking at other user benchmark scores done recently, I realize that maybe that score is low? If anyone could look at my score and tell me what might artificially be lowering my score, or literally lowering it, that'd be much appreciated.

I think it's possible the low HDD score might be affecting the overall score, so if I could run a test without it that might be beneficial. However I am unable to uncheck any of the boxes in UserBenchMark to get rid of the drive (or drives) while testing. I've also always had issues with my RAM being below expectations, having just recently (past couple of months) figured out how to correctly set it to 3200 MHz.

Here are my specs for easy access in the post:
ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Nvidia RTX 2080S (Super)
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb
Western Digital WD40EZAZ-00SF3B0 4TB
G Skill Intl F4-3200C16-16GVK 2x16GB
Corsair RM Series750 Watt 80+ Gold

Last edited:

JGdude

Commendable
Apr 22, 2020
Is the system you're on showing any signs of sluggishness when you're taxing it(not using Userbenchmark, mind you)? You forgot to include the make and model of the PSU and it's age.
True that. Sorry. Edited the og post, and here it is again.
Corsair RM Series 750 Watt 80+ Gold

Not in particular. I did have a blue screen twice while playing a game recently, and I think I fixed the issue through chkdsk. However that instant put me on edge as I have made many mistakes in the past that are as simple as, set the RAM in BIOS to 3200 MHz for instance. Something that wasn't super noticeable to my untrained eyes, but definitely boosted performance.