[SOLVED] PC performing way below expectations, what can i do to change that?

crapyahmad

Reputable
Jan 16, 2018
I noticed that my PC doesn't get a great fps in games so i benchmarked it, and the results were underwhelming to say the least, what can i do to fix this problem.

link to the benchmark : https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/21282237

specs :
Intel Core i7-3770
SanDisk Extreme II 240GB
WD Black 1TB
Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 C10 1x8GB
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti
ASRock p65 iCafe

Last edited:
Solution
No. That's not the way userbenchmark works. It's a comparison to other users performance that uses the same equipment.

As you see, the 3770 is perfectly normal, there's really nothing you can do to increase performance on a locked cpu, it is what it is.

You have 2 issues. Storage and ram.

With the storage, there's going to be certain restrictions, mainly in the connection. Your motherboard will have 2 different Sata headers, Intel and most likely ASmedia. The Intel are normally the fastest and will be header #0/#1 or #1/#2. The other headers will be the ASmedia, which has its own chipset and not part of the cpu circuitry. If those drivers are old or not installed and your storage is on them, performance will suck. Check your...

crapyahmad

Reputable
Jan 16, 2018
since no one here can see what your system specifications are, you will more than likely not get much help.

post whatever your results and information is here. don't just expect people to chase your info all over the web.
when you open the link, all of my specifications appear...
but my specs are :
Intel Core i7-3770
SanDisk Extreme II 240GB
WD Black 1TB
Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 C10 1x8GB
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti
ASRock p65 iCafe

i don't know what results you were expecting but that is a mid>lower-mid range system.

in most modern AAA titles i would expect to be quite a bit under 60fps with highest settings even @ 1080p.
with a customized range; shadows, anti-aliasing, and most post-processing on low-medium i would expect to maybe hold a constant 60fps in most modern titles.
more advanced games like Kingdom Come: Deliverance would probably need mostly low settings to get a decent frame rate @ 1080p.

to "fix" the problem i would upgrade to a more modern chipset with at least 16GB of DDR4 and a more powerful GPU. also would plan on a larger SSD to start installing the more demanding games on.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
No. That's not the way userbenchmark works. It's a comparison to other users performance that uses the same equipment.

As you see, the 3770 is perfectly normal, there's really nothing you can do to increase performance on a locked cpu, it is what it is.

You have 2 issues. Storage and ram.

With the storage, there's going to be certain restrictions, mainly in the connection. Your motherboard will have 2 different Sata headers, Intel and most likely ASmedia. The Intel are normally the fastest and will be header #0/#1 or #1/#2. The other headers will be the ASmedia, which has its own chipset and not part of the cpu circuitry. If those drivers are old or not installed and your storage is on them, performance will suck. Check your motherboard manual, it'll show the Intel headers and storage should be on those. You may need to visit the motherboard website and update all of the motherboard chipset drivers, that's audio, Lan, USB, Sata, Intel management engine (IME) etc.

As for ram, it's clocked at 1066MHz, so is running far below its rated speed of 1600MHz, in your bios enable XMP.

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
As the owner of a i7-3770k, I beg to differ. There's far too many ppl insisting on maximum fps, quoting benchmarks and a whole other bunch of general bs, most of which totally goes unused. 3rd gen i7's do just fine with playability, still way beyond what most consoles are capable of. Running with standard non-gsync 1080p 60Hz monitors is good enough for some ppl, we don't need uber fast pc's and ultimate graphics at 240Hz or 4k. So 61fps average or 300fps average makes zero difference overall.