PC power up but not working properly , no display and work fine in the repair shop

Aug 19, 2018
Hi,

I had an issue before where my PC wasn't working, the issue was it powers up but there is no display so i took it to the repair shop which faced no issue, when i got it to home it worked fine, this was around 3 months ago.

Now the same issue returned again, however, fans were working except for GPU fan and CPU fan and the funny part it worked at morning but last night it didn't and today it didn't ! then i took it to repair shop ! and it worked perfectly ! I had an issue with the time (not properly adjusted) and always the PC starts in BIOS where i have to click F1 and leave and it will work.

The PC was working fine in their shop , i requested to change for a battery which they did and it still works fine. so i went home and tested it, this time in ROG screen it shows (CPU Init) and there is no number for the CPU as before. I have returned to shop and it still work properly (drives me crazy), I have requested him for new Power cable, worked in repair shop but not my home.

I have tried more than 4 rooms in my home, still not working.

the main issue is the GPU fan and CPU fan not working ! I have tried with power extension and plugging directly ! I would really appreciate your help guys. NOW I have tried and it worked ! same place, same location, same extension even same bloody cable !! but the screens go to BIOS to press F1 and exit. i'm really confused ! and the repair shop can't help me.

my spec as follow:
CPU: I7-4960x
CPU Fan: Thermaltake )NIC C4)
Motherboard: Rampage IV (Black Edition)
GPU: 980TI
CPU Fan & cooler: Kraken G10 (Nzxt) and thermaltake (water 3.0 Extreme S)
PSU: 850 W Cooler Master (M2 silent Pro)

Solution
Of course, shops have special electricity. Kidding!

Short term solution: Clear CMOS. Once it starts, consider putting machine to sleep rather than shutting it down completely.

Long term solution: suspect PSU. If u have an 8-pin CPU power connector and are only using 4, up it to 8.
Of course, shops have special electricity. Kidding!

Short term solution: Clear CMOS. Once it starts, consider putting machine to sleep rather than shutting it down completely.

Long term solution: suspect PSU. If u have an 8-pin CPU power connector and are only using 4, up it to 8.

Solution
Aug 19, 2018

LOL, i don't know how to do clear CMOS will google it, so what i understood that you are saying i should change the PSU ? although it was working fine for the last 4 years ?

regards

And yet if you don't have a problem, you wouldn't be posting.

If everything is either black or white, it would be simpler but unfortunately.

Suspicion doesn't mean a guaranteed. The doctor seldom say aha, THIS is the problem take this pill and it will cure you, no, most often he says try this, try that. Same with diagnostic PCs.

Unable to boot problems signal a very basic malady, and what is more basic than bad power? At powerup, the PSU is asked to deliver more than its rated power, for a short time, is the on-rush. A not 100% healthy PSU maybe able to deliver the 650 watt is designed for but nothing beyond that, and the system needs during on-rush.

Speaking of which, is the ON button stiff? have u tried holding the button (all the way in) for like 2 seconds see if it makes a difference?

Aug 19, 2018

Thank you doctor =p , yeah you are right maybe 850 W is not sufficient, No i didn't try to hold the button, but i noticed that it worked randomly, like yesterday at noon i tried it, it worked but when shut down to try it again it didn't , then it worked at next morning.. etc

at start it was only PC working but no screen then when i changed the battery, for the first time i encountered that CPU fan, the fan at the back and CPU init error appearing.

thanks for your time

Aug 19, 2018

I have tried the short term didn't work, the PC kept working and disconnect from time to time ! apparently the PSU is no longer strong enough to support the PC (this what I thought).

I replaced it with Corsair AX1600i, though i know it is too much but it is the best in the market and planning in getting couple of 2080ti.

Thanks boss.