PC problem due to power outage from storm

tonya.kimbrough

Prominent
Sep 19, 2017
Ok this happened today. I was just playi ng games on my computer and then the power in the whole house went out for a split second (stormy weather) and then it automatically turned on.my computer boots up like normal, but when I entered my desktop, my network said no connections available. Also, I can't access ANY .exe. applications because it said side by side configuration is incorrect. I can't even access my search in the taskbar, task manager, can't run administrator, can't access settings or device manager, can't do system restore or anything. My router, modem and
Wi-Fi are working properly. I am assuming that something somewhere the files are corrupted or something. I don't know but I need help right away. I dont know if it has affected factory reset or something but i am having a nightmare right now. I don't wanna have to a factory reset and delete EVERYTHING again. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
You can put in your original windows cd or usb, and restart, then run the repair instead of reinstall, see if you can salvage it.
If it still does it after, a simple reinstall would be a good outcome. Tedious but more commonly, surges during storms can fry your psu, or your psu and whole bunch of other more expensive stuff. So, if you have to only reinstall, it'll be a good thing.
Get a simple power bar with the surge protector and plug your computer and your monitor into it.

Sedivy

Estimable
You can put in your original windows cd or usb, and restart, then run the repair instead of reinstall, see if you can salvage it.
If it still does it after, a simple reinstall would be a good outcome. Tedious but more commonly, surges during storms can fry your psu, or your psu and whole bunch of other more expensive stuff. So, if you have to only reinstall, it'll be a good thing.
Get a simple power bar with the surge protector and plug your computer and your monitor into it.

Solution