Question Pc problem I suspect to be the Hard Drive

Aug 31, 2019
Hey. I've been wanting a gaming pc for a while now, so last christmas I was able to buy all the parts (Rx 570 4gb, ryzen 3 2200g, segate barracuda 1tb, 8 gb ram, 550 watt psu.) My sister built the pc. When she turned it on, only the fans and lights would turn on. If you plugged it into a monitor, there'd be no visuals. We replaced the Cpu and motherboard to no avail. we also tried her Pc's ram and psu and it still did not work properly. Recently (A week ago) I thought maybe the Hard drive was broken and that it caused there to be no visuals. I need help to know if this is true or not.

Ralston18

Titan
Install the 1 TB hard drive in another computer (perhaps your sister's computer) as a non-booting drive. Then run Seagate's diagnostic software on the drive.

Do be aware that if the drive has failed or is failing then anything you do may cause data loss.

If the drive proves okay then completely disassemble your gaming pc and start over.

Following the motherboard's installation manual very carefully and double check everything: Be certain that the motherboard supports the components being used and the configuration settings being applied.

Aug 31, 2019
Install the 1 TB hard drive in another computer (perhaps your sister's computer) as a non-booting drive. Then run Seagate's diagnostic software on the drive.

Do be aware that if the drive has failed or is failing then anything you do may cause data loss.

If the drive proves okay then completely disassemble your gaming pc and start over.

Following the motherboard's installation manual very carefully and double check everything: Be certain that the motherboard supports the components being used and the configuration settings being applied.

Can you send me a link to the diagnostic software so I can get it on my sister's computer later?

TRENDING THREADS