Question PC problems due to OC

Barak9006

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2013
I dont know if it is the problem really. I tried lowering my CPU(Ryzen 7 2700x) Voltage a bit, and my PC froze mid-gaming. I tried to reboot, then bios wont load, just black screen while the pc is working(fans, lights all) like it is normal.

So I unplugged the power cable, removed my rams and then placed them again, and then it booted successfully. Why did it happened?

That actually sounds like the ram wasn't seated properly to begin with. This happens all the time in are shop with new builds and even older builds that get moved a lot. If the ram stick isn't seated properly it can read for a while then all of a sudden lose connection from a slight bump or someone getting mad at a game and smacks the desk rattling the pc the ram will lose connection for a moment and may even boot again and again and continue to have this problem till the ram stick is reseated properly. I myself did this just the other day upgrading my brothers mobo for a birthday present rushing to get it done so he didnt see me messing with his pc. I swaped it out a hr before his party... I wanted to get it done before he opened his gifts so i could give him a empty box xD

Barak9006

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2013
That actually sounds like the ram wasn't seated properly to begin with. This happens all the time in are shop with new builds and even older builds that get moved a lot. If the ram stick isn't seated properly it can read for a while then all of a sudden lose connection from a slight bump or someone getting mad at a game and smacks the desk rattling the pc the ram will lose connection for a moment and may even boot again and again and continue to have this problem till the ram stick is reseated properly. I myself did this just the other day upgrading my brothers mobo for a birthday present rushing to get it done so he didnt see me messing with his pc. I swaped it out a hr before his party... I wanted to get it done before he opened his gifts so i could give him a empty box xD
shouldnt be beeping if it is not seated right?