Pc program freezing then wont shut down or boot properly

Startch22

Commendable
Jan 16, 2017
Hey guys I was playing gta a few weeks back and then during a loading screen my pc stopped responding, pretty much it allowed me to alter tab, I hit restart on the windows tab and it wouldn't actually restart so I pushed the restart button, ever since then my pc has been freezing on anything I click on really and won't end the process of whatever is frozen, my mouse cursor still moves and I can navigate a bit. Everytime this happens I restart the pc and it doesn't boot so I re boot it again, it then sais running Windows repair, then I restart it again and it boots up.. anyone got any ideas? Thanks :)

Ralston18

Titan
Next time things are up and running open the Event Viewer.

Event Viewer captures and logs a variety of system informational events, warning codes, and errors.

It will take you some time to get a sense of the logs and how the information is presented. Right-clicking any given log entry will provide more details about the event.

What you will be looking for are yellow and red icons. Especially any related to a logged event just before or at the time of the freeze. Could be multiple events due to a cascade of errors - like dominos falling.

You cannot hurt anything by looking through the logs. Just do not immediately start applying fixes based on the error codes you find. Look for some consistent pattern that both repeats or you can duplicate via some "clicks" etc. after the repair and restart process.

Take a look and post the error(s) that you find. Also google those errors - see what, if anything, may be posted on the internet. Avoid companies that want you to download programs to fix the error. Those companies will show up no matter what error(s) you search.