PC racing game and steering wheel?

roadkill922

Honorable
May 25, 2012
Hi,

I plan on getting a triple monitor setup, and want a good racing game to use with it. I like games that are in between simulation and arcade. I also want a game with high end graphics to put the setup to work. What would be a good game to purchase and what would be a good steering wheel to go with it? Don't want to spend more than 100 dollars on wheel.

Thanks

LokalHero

Honorable
May 2, 2012
NFS: Shift series are good games. Project CARS is a new one in development by the same peeps who did Shift, but it's a little more sim like. It's in early development and you can invest into the game right now at www.wmdportal.com/projects/cars ... It looks like it'll be a cracking game.

As far as wheels go, I don't know. I use a G27, which is way out of your price range, but alas it's the only one I can recommend (that or a G25 which you might find cheap somewhere). I'm sure someone else here can recommend a 100 dollar wheel, personally, I'd save up some more.

roadkill922

Honorable
May 25, 2012

Shift was one of the games I was thinking about getting. I just thought it looked a bit too simulation oriented. Does it actually lie in between the two genres?

jimmy_dog

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
Shift was my favorite racing game. It has a good campaign, with many races (You don't have to do all of them.) The cars are very customizable and the tuning lets you tweak just about everything (There is a less complicated "Quick tuning" If you only want to change 4 sliders instead of 20+). The game looks very nice and the different paint options look awesome.

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
Shift2: Unleashed.

If you get it make sure to download the handling mini-mod......it makes such a drastic difference in car behavior that I almost trashed the game when I bought it, but after the mod I absolutely love it!

The in-car and "helmet" views on Shift2 are also really good (WAAAAAY better than Dirt2/3), so for and immersion purist like myself, that makes a very big difference.