Question PC Ran into a problem :(

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
Greetings...

So I keep getting " Your PC ran into a problem :( " after spending hours attempting to solve my issue.

Here's what I'm trying to do:
Put windows 10 on a new seagate barracuda 1tb 7200 rpm HDD.
Windows ISO will install onto the drive no issues... but once nearly complete I get that error message.

Here's whats happening:
Blue screen after 60-90% install of windows.
Crashing, random re-boots

Here's what I've done:
Discovered my old HDD was causing the crashing... bought a brand new HDD and now it will not crash.
Fully cleaned, and rebuilt system from ground up.
Attempted different PSU's and now using a brand new OCZ 1000w Gold+
Attempted using different sata ports and cables all together.

I'm pulling my hair out -_- please help!

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
Specs are:

Ryzen 7 1700x (Stock clocks)
Wraith Prism RGB cooler
MSI b350 tomahawk motherboard
RX 590 8g (50th anniversary gold edition)
32Gb G.Skill ripjawz (16 x2 ) @3200mhz
1tb Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD
OCZ 1000w Modular PSU (80+ Gold)
Generic Case (sleeper)

have not messed with any ram or cpu clocks.
GPU was overclocked but has been reset to factory before any of this happened.

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
UPDATE:

Ram is no longer the suspected issue. After testing and finding the ram is not the cause of issues, my computer now will not recognize any storage media except USB.

I've tried 4 HDD's, 3 different sata cables, and all the sata ports on the motherboard. I've also tried different power supply and all the connectors on the psu but NOTHING is working.

At this point I might just sell the damn thing -_-

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
UPDATE:

Ram is no longer the suspected issue. After testing and finding the ram is not the cause of issues, my computer now will not recognize any storage media except USB.

I've tried 4 HDD's, 3 different sata cables, and all the sata ports on the motherboard. I've also tried different power supply and all the connectors on the psu but NOTHING is working.

At this point I might just sell the damn thing -_-
ALSO!! The drives would not show up in BIOS or in CMD through windows instillation or viewing them in diskpart.

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
Is your sata ports in raid mode by any chance?
Also, try changing from uefi bios to legacy mode and enable CSM.

What did you use to test memory?
Its in legacy, and I've tried both raid and achi. And I used a friends PC to test ram and it is 100% working. I've also done single channel, dual channel, bios reset... you name it I've done it lol.

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
That's not how you test memory.
Please make yourself a memtest86 disk, boot from it, and test your ram in your system.
But first I would make sure that the memory voltage is set to 1.35v in the bios.

I will attempt the memtest86 today as a last attempt. I have gone through every spec of the system and made sure nothing was off or had the wrong settings. Voltage is at 1.35v and I have tried playing with mem clock speeds just for shits and giggles to see if that would do anything... but it had no impact.