Question PC random black screen followed by restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 17, 2022
Hi people, new user here.

On friday i purchased a new Inno3D RTX 4090 X3 OC plus a new PSU Corsair 850HX.

Installed all components, 24 pin connectors from the GPU to the PSU, everything worked fine but my system has random black screens with no HDMI signal followed by a restart of the computer.

This black screens are random and infrecuent, because if i play a game (like Cyberpunk) it doesn't restart but, for example, open Nvidia control panel or using Brave browser causes this error.

Right now i'm bottlenecked by my CPU, i'm waiting for a new one because is an AMD 3900X with Asus ROG Strick B550-i as motherboard.

pls help

Thx

What power setting are you using in Windows? When you installed the 4090 did you use DDU uninstaller to remove the old gpu drivers before you installed the new ones? You can try the old standby troubleshooter of disabling fast start up in windows. Is your motherboard bios up to date, especially with a new Gpu?

Oct 17, 2022
What power setting are you using in Windows? When you installed the 4090 did you use DDU uninstaller to remove the old gpu drivers before you installed the new ones? You can try the old standby troubleshooter of disabling fast start up in windows. Is your motherboard bios up to date, especially with a new Gpu?

Currently i don´t know power settings used in windows, didn't used DDU but a clean installation with new Nvidia drivers, i think the motherboard is up to date but haven't disabled fast startup.

Will update later.

Oct 17, 2022
Ok i'm here again.

1 - Changed my new psu to my old 750w psu, same happened, suffered 2 random rebootw.

2 - Power setting on windows was set on balanced, now is at maximum performance.

3 - Uninstalled nvidia drivers with DDU Uninstaller and reinstalled all Nvidia drivers again.

4 - Changed fast boot from BIOS to normal boot.

Right now after 2-3-4 i'm testing if my pc suffers another black screen.

Oct 17, 2022
So blanck screens and rrstart continue happenig after all, but i found that only in certain conditions, using desktop apps, changing folders positions, opening start menu, changing between apps, but not gaming and using Uniengine, which works without any issue.

Also, i've reinstalled windows and the problem didn't solved, doubt it's the PSU because as i've said before i changed it to another one and nothint changed, same with the GPU because i was able to play some hours without blank screens and restarts.

Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.