Pc random restarts

Mar 2, 2018
Alright I have a lot of weird issues but mainly with my PC randomly restarting over and over. It's not so much a restart loop, more of a random restart. This comes with other issues at times, including not turning off or on on occasions, long load times for just about everything including my MOBO BIOS. The longer my PC is on the less it seems to do it, up until not really doing it all, but as soon as I turn it off for awhile and try to turn it back on it might restart 30 times at different points before itll work.

The other numerous random issues include
- my windows account saying wrong password as soon as I log in without entering it
-resetting pc and disc checking will fail every time
-1 system fan not be detected while my cpu was at 1900rpm at all times
-Mobo bios fail to load and boot from a backup

And Probably more things im forgetting, the separate points above do not always occur. Also this started with a power surge last year and I had these same issues but they went away and came back.

Im on win10/GTX980/FX8350/GigMobo970auD3p

Also Ive tried different drives and chords for them.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I'd start with a full, fresh Windows reinstall (or have you, your wording is a bit vague here). Then I'd look at the PSU, though you didn't provide any details about it, which is an odd choice for a problem involving a power surge!

Mar 2, 2018

My PSU is a corsair cx600m
And I've reinstalled windows already.

Sorry for being vague, I just have so many issues remembering all of them is hard. I was basically mentioning my PSU when saying turning it off and on or leaving it on seems to have an effect. I'm unaware of anyway I can test it on its own. I just thought with the other random issues might hint at something else, maybe my Mobo. If all that can be caused by my PSU ill be happy to buy another, since its an easy fix.