Question PC randomly crashes(no signal on monitor,keyboard/mouse/sound)

Dec 2, 2019
So here's the issue:

I recently upgraded my GPU from a EVGA 980TI to a GIGABYTE RTX 2070S. Ever since I installed the new GPU,my PC randomly crashes(no signal on monitor,keyboard/mouse/sound) and the only way to make it work again is to restart it.

Specs:
MB: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
CPU: Intel i7-4930K @3.4Ghz
GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 2070S 8BG DDR6
RAM: 8gbx4(32GB) Hyperx 1333Mhz

Solutions taken already:
Changed my PSU, changed from liquid CPU cooling to air cooling(pump started failing after the random crashes), tested with old GPU(GTX 780) after the changes and still got crashes, cleaned my PC with a compressed air can thoroughly.

Edit:CPU Stress test for 15 minutes
Edit2: Task manager says I have 24gb RAM whereas CUP-Z says I have 32gb RAM. I removed 1 RAM stick and the PC did not go off, tried another one and my PC crashed. So, im assuming the one I removed is dead and its the culprit?

Last edited:
So here's the issue:

I recently upgraded my GPU from a EVGA 980TI to a GIGABYTE RTX 2070S. Ever since I installed the new GPU,my PC randomly crashes(no signal on monitor,keyboard/mouse/sound) and the only way to make it work again is to restart it.

Specs:
MB: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
CPU: Intel i7-4930K @3.4Ghz
GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 2070S 8BG DDR6
RAM: 8gbx4(32GB) Hyperx 1333Mhz

Solutions taken already:
Changed my PSU, changed from liquid CPU cooling to air cooling(pump started failing after the random crashes), tested with old GPU(GTX 780) after the changes and still got crashes, cleaned my PC with a compressed air can thoroughly.

Edit:CPU Stress test for 15 minutes

Whats your psu model?

Dec 2, 2019
Was your AX860 giving you problems? It's an excellent PSU - even if it is 8+ years old.

Have you made any other changes to BIOS or overclocking recently? What's the exact model of memory? Can you give us a CPU-Z validation link?
The fan of the AX860 started making some noise so I just replaced it, although I still have it. No changes to BIOS(BIOS firmware up to date and stock settings) or overclocking. Memory ; I did not validate my specs on CPU-Z.

Last edited: