[SOLVED] PC Randomly Crashes

Jan 19, 2019
Hello,

My PC has these random crashes and I am not entirely sure. Recently I upgraded my RAM but I am almost positive that the current components I have support this type. My screen will turn black, and it sounds like my audio drivers shut off as well but I notice that the PC fans stay turned on, the RGB on the ram stay on as well and the AIO CPU cooler. When I had my 1 x 16gb stick of 2133mhz, my PC did not crash at all. Is there a setting I am missing somewhere in BIOS configuration or does my current build not support the RAM at all? If it runs for x amount of hours a day without crashing, i would say that it does support it..

Here is my current build.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x
Motherboard: ROX Strix B-350 -f gaming
CPU Cooler: Deep cool Captain 240EX
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000mhz, 2 x 8gb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA 1060, 6gb
Powo: EVEGA 500W bronze semi-mod

Temperatures are running at about 35C for the RAM and 46C for the CPU.

When I bought the RAM, I went into the bios configuration and changed to D.O.C.P which automatically detects the type of memory installed and. The current voltage going the RAM is 1.35v and to the CPU is 1.44v which I think is pretty good for both supports. The crashes will happen about 3-4 times a day without any error message. Are there any suggestions as to what you may think it could be?

Solution
Is called the "VDDCR SOC Voltage" in your uefi/bios,

Kt2sVGk.png

also think that if not overclocked you should lower that cpu voltage.Think 1.4V should be enough,but do some testing, for instance with AIDA64. I looked abit around and it seems that just over 1.4V is sometimes in pictures,maybe because of the "turbo function" this is set this high (still "feels" high,but this is the only thing that makes sense for the high voltage).

Just start with the SOC voltage first,worry about the cpu voltage later if temps are not too high.
Jan 19, 2019

I have tried all slots. I first started with A2 and B2 but then decided to switch it up to A1 and B1. It still crashes.

Jan 19, 2019

I did not run a Memtest86 but I bought the same exact RAM and replaced the set I thought was faulty and switched up the slots they go in. It would be a bit odd that both sets that I have bought and changed would be faulty..one error that I have saw when playing Over Watch is the game would crash and an error would appear that says "Your rendering software has stopped working properly" which kind of leads me to think it can also be my GPU. That only happened twice though and could have been a different issue. I re-seated the GPU and changed slots just FYI. I thought maybe that had to do with it as well?

Jan 19, 2019
Ill change the the detection to "Auto" and manually set the speed of RAM to 2933mhz and see if that helps. Also, not entirely sure how to set the SoC voltage so ill have to look that up. Last time I looked in my BIOS, I was unable to change any setting on that. Ill keep this post updated.

Jan 19, 2019

Ill change the the detection to "Auto" and manually set the speed of RAM to 2933mhz and see if that helps. Also, not entirely sure how to set the SoC voltage so ill have to look that up. Last time I looked in my BIOS, I was unable to change any setting on that. Ill keep this post updated. Also, the CPU is not overclocked at the moment.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Is called the "VDDCR SOC Voltage" in your uefi/bios,

Kt2sVGk.png

also think that if not overclocked you should lower that cpu voltage.Think 1.4V should be enough,but do some testing, for instance with AIDA64. I looked abit around and it seems that just over 1.4V is sometimes in pictures,maybe because of the "turbo function" this is set this high (still "feels" high,but this is the only thing that makes sense for the high voltage).

Just start with the SOC voltage first,worry about the cpu voltage later if temps are not too high.

Solution
Jan 19, 2019

I tried changing the SoC voltage but I only have 2 options there to select, Offset or Auto. I am unable to manually select Voltages for the CPU or the RAM

Jan 19, 2019

Hello,

I did an update on my BIOS but that didnt help the cause at all. I am still unable to change the voltage manually so it seems a bit odd..not entirely sure how to proceed form here.

Jan 19, 2019

The offset option does not allow me to set the voltage manually. There are two options to select (+) and a (-), which still does not allow adjustment. I was considering buying a new POWO and now that I think about it, I feel that the RAM voltage has been inconsistent every since I upgraded. I have a 500w psu and an upgrade to dual channel with different voltage intake may be the issue? What do you think? Some feedback would be nice.

Jan 19, 2019

I dont have the old RAM to test but I know 100% that the current build I have supports it. My mobo supports up to 4000mhz and Ryzen overall supports many different types of DDR4. The offset mode allows for overclocking based on the information on ASUS website. The (+) means more voltage and the (-) means less. With more mhz output, doesn't that require more voltage overall meaning the (-) would be irrelevant to the issue happening? Im trying to learn a bit so bare with my responses.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

So the + does add voltage which right now we want to stabilize things. Still we want stability at as low voltage as possible so why the - has it's function too.