Question PC randomly crashing & rebooting when it's under load ?

Zac Jones

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2013
i5-9600k not overclocked
mpg z390 pro carbon
corsair vengeance 16 gb ram
corsair cx750m psu
rtx 2070 super
So I have been getting a kernel 41 error, and my computer always ends up rebooting when it's under load, never when it isn't. I've gone ahead and tested the power supply with a multimeter and all the readings look normal. It has crashed before and kept rebooting, then would stop turning on. However, we fixed it by installing new windows. It seems to have started crashing ever since I built my PC. I'm out of options right now and I'm getting worried that it's maybe the motherboard or CPU, however, I haven't gotten any sort of BSOD or anything. Are there any options I can take to find the problem? Thanks

Last edited:

Zac Jones

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2013
What is the RAM speed?

What is your temperature of the CPU and GPU?

A system shutting down is mostly an overheating, PSU, GPU issue.

How old is that Corsair CX PSU?
The RAM is 3200 MHz not overclocked or anything.
The temps read around 60-70 degrees celsius whenever I game. It's usually 30-40 when idle.
The Corsair PSU was purchased January of 2020.
To rule out overheating, this PC has been giving me headaches ever since I bought it. It would shut down immediately if I ran any sort of games. And I mean right after I bought the parts. The only solution I came to was to set things to 144 FPS in nVidia Geforce app. It would keep things from crashing temporarily, however, it would end up crashing sooner or later. I'll go ahead and get some pc duster and see what happens.