Question PC Randomly crashing

Jun 16, 2024
The past couple months, I've been dealing with my PC randomly shutting off. No BSOD, just a straight shut down.

The components still stay on but the PC itself shuts down, and I have to physically unplug or turn off the power supply to restart the PC.

I've reinstalled windows completely fresh, completely rebuilt the PC to make sure no components or cables are loose, even RMA'd the PSU to make sure that wasn't an issue. I know the PSU isn't a problem either because it's a 1000 watt PSU and there's no realistic way I'm drawing more than that in power.

In event viewer all I get is NIC compliance being the reason for the shut down, and something to do with windows hello drivers software.

After digging into THAT, Internet said that was a generic driver error. Went deeper, updated all my drivers, still happening. Did some more shenanigans with windows driver verifier, found it had something to do with an Asus driver, so I uninstalled that, still happening.

At this point I'm at a loss and end of my rope with experience and knowledge. I've tried everything I can think of from tests that come back positive to resolving any other issue that it could be, and it still happening, and I just dunno what to do next.

PSU is technically brand new, since I had it RMA'd on the assumption this issue was a power supply issue.
BIOS version is 4805

CPU: Ryzen 5900x
CPU cooler: Noctua NH-D15
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Ram: 32GB DDR4 3600MHz C16 Corsair RAM

SSD/HDD:
Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVME Drive
Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD
Samsung 750 EVO 250GB SSD
Western Digital Black 2TB HDD

GPU: EVGA 3080 10GB
PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 P6
Chassis: Fractal Design Define R6
Monitor: Asus TUF 27" 1440p Monitor & ROG Strix 27" 4K Monitor

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Please mention all parts replaced or swapped to give context as well.

Reactions: Soulio