Question PC Randomly Freezes when playing games. Help?

Dec 17, 2019
I recently got a GPU for my pc, a Radeon RX 580. I plugged it in, all good, then, I decide to play a game. I start it up, BOOM! Frozen, with some sound in the background. I decide to exit out the game and load up another one. BOOM! Frozen. Then I load up a couple more games and my computer completely shuts down and an error comes up:
'Asus anti-surge was triggered to protect system from unstable power supply'. I search it up on the web and other people have had this problem. They said it's no worry. So, I ignore the problem and load up: 'Far Cry 3'. Where, after 3 minutes of playing it, my computer shuts down again. But, this time, it won't come back on. I searched up online and they said: 'Faulty PSU'. Which, I'm like... Okay, I'll buy another PSU. I bought one, plugged it in and I load up a game and it still FREEZES! At this point, I'm mad... Please, anyone out there, try to help me with this. Thanks.

Specs:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz
Radeon RX 580
8 GB Ram, 9 GB Virtual Memory
H110M-E Motherboard
Windows 10 Home
PSU: BESTA CoolerMAX 500W

Did you replace it with this one? https://www.intactmedia.com.au/besta-coolermax-550w-atx-power-supply.html

I'm not sure what to tell you, but it very well could be the 'new' PSU. It's a piece of junk, and that's why it's so cheap. I would actually not use it, in the case it damages some of your hardware.

Get a decent PSU. a good 550w 'Gold unit' made with quality parts will last you 7-10 years. They are such good value.

If the coolermax lasts you a year I'd be surprised. It may already be causing your issues. Not all PSU's are made equal. We can advise of a good one to purchase.

Dec 17, 2019
I'm not really knowledgable with electronics, so, please give me a recommendation on which would be good with my card. But, if, there are other solutions, please tell me, since I don't want to spend alot of money...