Question PC randomly freezing months after being built, alongside some partial blackscreens

DJ Cheesebugga

Honorable
Apr 15, 2018
About 14-15 days ago while playing Civ 6, my screen "froze", it wasn't a true freeze but it was just the game that froze, then after trying to use TM to force close it as Alt+F4 wasnt working, my browser then froze, no applications would open, and TM froze with my backgrounds. I used the panel button and restarted the pc. Hours later doing something else, it froze again. Same deal backgrounds froze, applications weren't working nor opening, used the button again. I did some looking to not much info. Day later, same thing again and same thing day after that. I thought I fixed it by updating my Graphics Driver and updating Windows, etc. Nothing happened for ~2 days even playing Civ 6 until now. Playing with my friend again and the pc just completely restarted. Game > Black Screen for a bit > Loading Screen > Lock Screen. Another thing I have tried before, although I couldn't understand how to read it, was check event viewer. Nothing stuck out other than once on the 3rd freeze/crash, something about Watchdog. I'm also kind of suspecting but not sure, if its a Heat issue, because when I built this pc near the beginning of October, I had to clean the paste cuz I put too much on and the paste almost fell into the Mobo's Pins but got it cleaned and finished putting it together. I'm also wondering if it could be air bubbles in the AIO cooler pump. The pipes on Pump are down with the Radiator being top mounted Pipes near front. I also tried about a week ago was to see if a restore point would work but it keep failing due to a file being missing or failing to extract.
Another thing occurring is at random though rare, black shapes will flicker onto my second monitor, when appearing mostly shows as squares. (After a bit this has yet to happen again)

If more info is needed, please ask, I wanna be able to game without this freezing or crashing going on.

My Specs if that is needed are:
CPU: Ryzen 9 7900x
Mobo: Asus ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming Wifi
Cooler: DeepCool LT720
GPU: Asus KO RTX 3060 12 GB
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 32 GB (2x16gb) 6000mhz CL30
Storage: Crucial P3+ 1 TB & Crucial P3 4TB
PSU: Corsair RM850x 850W Gold
OS: Windows 10 Pro (IDK if this matters but was bought from Other World Computing, a MAC Dealer, Ironic)
Fans: Most of the fans are Lian Li SL140 & SL120, fans on the radiator are the ones that came with the AIO being FK120
BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc 0805, 11/4/2022
Monitors: Primary - LG 32GN500 | Secondary - Acer ED273

I have also seen a few posts that Asus Armory Crate could cause this but still not sure if its the issue or not. I'm not wanting to do a reset unless its absolutely necessary as I don't want to reset, redownload everything, and it do this all over again. As I have had issues in the past with previous pcs and resetting never fixed it.

And Just had another black screen to lock screen screen restart today.

Last edited:

DJ Cheesebugga

Honorable
Apr 15, 2018
Turns out it seems after some looking, Microsoft GameInput is causing the crashes. As it shows "reconfigured" at the same time as the crash. I dont know how to fix this as I use a lot of the xbox features but I'm getting annoyed by the crashes.

DJ Cheesebugga

Honorable
Apr 15, 2018
The Randomy Black shapes or whatever are still appearing. Just now, took up most of the second monitor e taking up 11/12 of the screen, leaving a bit of the top left alone. This part only occurs on the second monitor.

mack84

Distinguished
May 13, 2014
I built my pc a few months ago and it started hard freezing out of nowhere. If the pc runs for a cpl hrs with minimal load it freezes. If I stress test components it freezes. I have to hard reset with case power button. If I try to power back right away it will light up and fans run but doesn't show up on screen and it will turn itself off and back on again repeatedly with nothing going to monitor.

If unplug and plug back in it will turn on normally but will freeze much faster this time in about one minute. I have reinstalled windows and tried unplugging all peripherals problem persists. A cpu test showed me 7% throttling not sure what that means. It worked for a few months with 0 issues and now it's constantly freezing.

Can this be hardware or bios related? Any go to ways to narrow this down to a component? I'm lost.

Specs
Msi mpg z790 edge wifi
latest bios I7 13700K
Evga 3080 ftw
Evga Supernova 1000+
Corsair ddr5 6200mhz
10 Lian li infinity fans/ 2 Lian li strimers gpu/mb

DJ Cheesebugga

Honorable
Apr 15, 2018
looks like after unplugging the new monitor, which I got and used it as a primary monitor, might have fixed it. I got a new monitor a while ago and the issues started after plugging it in and using it as the new monitor and using the old one as a secondary. Unplugged the new primary monitor to go back to single monitor with the old and no issues since. dunno what could cause that but oh well.