PC randomly rebooting while gaming

Wargox

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015
I just got a new gtx 1070 last week , everything was working fine , but yesterday my PC randomly rebooted itself after 1-2 h of playing Overwatch,it happened fourth time today. My temperature for GPU and CPU are under 60 celcius all the time , I have no idea what would be the problem. I checked reliability history and it said : windows was not properly shut down, and i clean installed my windows 10. This problem has happened only when playing Overwatch. Any help?

Specs:
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.50GHz
8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3
MSI Z97 GAMING 5
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (MSI)
250 gb KINGSTON SV300S37A240G (SSD)
1 tb Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 (SATA)
Corsair VS 550 W

InvalidError

Titan
Corsair VS is one of the lowest quality PSU lines under the Corsair brand, so I would strongly suspect the PSU and recommend getting a higher quality PSU such as the ubiquitous 520-620W Seasonic S12-II or similar models if you are looking for something relatively inexpensive but still close to top-quality.

Wargox

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015

Ok thanks ! yeah i was pretty sure it would the PSU , I got the pc in a budget and later started to upgrade parts so I got the CorsairVS , I will be upgrading it and probably update if it fixes it!

Wargox

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015

Ok , hmm do you have any great suggestions what would be a good one? Im never good at finding parts that are the best for the price, thank you all for the quick help!

InvalidError

Titan

Massive power margins are overrated IMO: if you need a 700W PSU to achieve the reliability you want at 400W, then your 700W PSU is only truly designed for 400W, which would be a shame (and fraud) if the manufacturer claimed 700W continuous.

you see on them lesser units on the 12v rating underpowered like a 550w has just 33a when it should be 45/46 amps

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vs-seriestm-vs550-550-watt-power-supply

as you see it really just a 500w [maybe a 450 in disguise ]

this 550w is /claims ''true'' 45.8 amps at the 12v+ 550w/12v=45.8amps or any ''single'' rail unit [ ???w/12v =true amps should be on the 12v+rail on the rail

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/rmx-series-rm550x-550-watt-80-plus-gold-certified-fully-modular-psu

''if you need a 700W PSU to achieve the reliability you want at 400W, then your 700W PSU is only truly designed for 400W, which would be a shame '

that don't add up or make any sense to me on what your getting at ??? if I need 56 amps i'll get a 72 amp psu and not any fly by night unit

[nevermind I get it ] -. i'll have x amount of amp overhead + any needed for any future upgrades that may require the more amps + any overhead . not finding I fell short in any way and =fail and having issues and now looking to buy another unit when I just buy smart once

you see here at toms too many times a 550w is all you need when it may not or guys spend 300$ on a cpu 200$ on a board 500$ on a vid -card and then 58.95 [if that much] on a under rated budget low powered PSU ???? LOL..... then expect it all to work properly at full gaming loads ???