[SOLVED] PC randomly reboots *NOT PSU*

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 21, 2018
My CPU and GPU temps are normal : 35 idle and max 70 degrees on 100% usage. I already changed my psu from a <mod edit> 10$ PSU to a new 500watt EVGA PSU, but the problem still occurs. It mostly happens when I am in game and the problem started when I upgraded my pc from a A8-7650K to a i5-4460 with a new mobo, here are my specs :
GTX 750TI 2GB
i5-4460
8GB DDR3 1600MHZ RAM
500WATT EVGA PSU
500GB HDD
128GB SANDISK SSD

What I already tried :
New PSU, Reinstalling drivers, Changes power outlet, removed any extra cables, also on windows event viewer it says the following : WINDOWS KERNEL-POWER ID 41

Any help would really be appreciated.

<Moderator Warning: Watch your language>

Solution

Ok so there may also be an incompatibility somewhere. Before you install windows fresh again, call up the Motherboard vendor and...
Dec 21, 2018

Ok, I will and I appreciate your help and effort

mtracy1991

Reputable

Anytime. Did you have this rebooting issue when you had windows on your HDD? Or when you had installed Windows on the SSD?

Dec 21, 2018

The HDD is from my old computer and the reboots just started after I had upgraded my CPU and MOBO, first I thought it was because I had an old HDD drive, so I bought the SSD and removed the HDD and the problem occured so I just put the HDD back in.

mtracy1991

Reputable

Ok so there may also be an incompatibility somewhere. Before you install windows fresh again, call up the Motherboard vendor and discuss your issue with them and see what the feedback is. This is definitely an oddity. I am perplexed with how you get the kernel power id, then Windows Cannot Load.

Solution
Dec 21, 2018

I also start to think that it's my mobo. I've runned memtest and it was all fine and also replaced the PSU, I also tried using my onboard intel graphics, just nothing happened. I will take your advice and call the vendor. And after that i will do a fresh install of windows. Thank you so much for your help.