[SOLVED] PC randomly restarting with some games ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viralology

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2015
Hey guys, so my friend just bought a brand new pre-built pc from IBUYPOWER. So for most games it works just as I'd expect, but when running I guess 'demanding games' like COD Warzone and Escape from Tarkov(EFT), the pc will randomly restart. In Warzone specifically the system will crash within 30-45 seconds of launching the game. If it gets passed the 1 minute mark the pc will never reset. He played Warzone today for 4 hours after getting it to not crash, It runs perfectly. With EFT, the game will pc will restart randomly.

Here are some of the things I have done to test his components:

3DMARK 1440P Benchmark 5 times, passed every time with flying colors no crashing.
Heaven benchmark, passed 3 times no crash
Cinebench r23, passed 3 times no crash.

Thermals never exceeded 70C on both the GPU and CPU.

Running easy games like Overwatch and Valorant never restart the pc. I have been building and fixing PC issues for about 7 years now and honestly cannot figure out for the life of me what is wrong. It just doesn't make sense. I suspect it is a PSU issue but maybe one of y'all have a better idea of what it is.

The crash:
The crash is a simple black screen, restart the computer boot up like normal. No errors or anything. The only two games I can replicate the crash are in Warzone and EFT.

Ryzen - 5600x
120mm-AIO
NVIDIA 3060TI
16gb ddr4 3200mhz (running at 2666)
650 watt - 80 plus gold PSU(Don't know brand definitely could be the problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.