Question PC randomly restarts when gaming ?

Mar 7, 2023
Hello, I recently having issue that my pc will randomly restart when I play video game.
The event viewer shows " Event Id 41 and Task Category 63. "
I ran the OCCT Power stress test with hwinfo, and it only last for 6 minutes and restart

The hwinfo gave me csv file but I have no ideas what is the issue, can anyone help me figure the problem from the csv file?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-NJ5-Cw6_M0FkD59N9vIBZMDAgN8DeU7/view?usp=sharing

I just upgraded my PSU from 600 watts to 1000 watts but the issue still exists ?

PC specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600,
Dual GPU: Nvidia RTX 3060 and AMD RX 580
RAM: 4 sticks of 8GB Ram
PSU : Corsair RMX Series (2021), RM1000x
UPS : CyberPower 1350VA/810Watts

Take the UPS out of the equation by plugging the PSU directly into the wall socket and see if it eliminates the problem. It very likely might. We see this quite often with UPS systems that are unable to support the capacity requirements of high demand gaming configurations.

Also though, between the RTX 3060 and RX 580, if both are being taxed simultaneously, you're looking at a need for more like 1100w at higher or full load conditions.

What is the reason you are running both of these cards in the same machine, as that is a less than desirable configuration unless you for some reason have an absolute need for two cards because you are running MANY displays OR you are using one of them as a capture or streaming card. Might want to remove the RX 580 and see if you still have the same issue, and then swap it out for the other card and check again. Maybe something is up with one of these cards, but I think it's more likely to be related to the UPS.

Mar 7, 2023
Take the UPS out of the equation by plugging the PSU directly into the wall socket and see if it eliminates the problem. It very likely might. We see this quite often with UPS systems that are unable to support the capacity requirements of high demand gaming configurations.

Also though, between the RTX 3060 and RX 580, if both are being taxed simultaneously, you're looking at a need for more like 1100w at higher or full load conditions.

What is the reason you are running both of these cards in the same machine, as that is a less than desirable configuration unless you for some reason have an absolute need for two cards because you are running MANY displays OR you are using one of them as a capture or streaming card. Might want to remove the RX 580 and see if you still have the same issue, and then swap it out for the other card and check again. Maybe something is up with one of these cards, but I think it's more likely to be related to the UPS.

thank you for the advice, I already return the 1000W psu because after I shut down my pc, it longer able to boot again. And Later I switched back to 600W, the pc can boot again. I think that 1000W psu is faulty.

But I think my pc unable boot and randomly restart should be different cases?

For having dual gpu because one of my monitor is using VGA plug but Nvidia doesn't support VGA, so I am keeping my old gpu (RTX 580), but I am thinking to purchase a new monitor that is Displayport or hdmi to see if issue change.

I'm telling you, take the UPS out of the equation. It hurts nothing to do this at least for testing. If you take the UPS out of the equation by plugging your PSU directly into the wall socket, you will at least know if the UPS does or does not have something to do with either of the problems you've experienced.

If it doesn't, or if you get another PSU and have the same problem, you can always plug back into it.

It is probably also a good idea since it sounds like maybe you live somewhere where the power grid isn't particularly great, to get an outlet tester or have it tested by an electrician.

Outlet testers can be bought reasonably cheap in most countries via Amazon or similar online retailers, or through local electronics supply shops if you have any near you.

It is definitely time to get rid of any display that is still using VGA connections, but even if you didn't do that you could simply use one of the displayport or HDMI outputs on the main card WITH a VGA adapter, which are also very inexpensive. Either solution takes the extra graphics card out of the equation as well, which is a good thing, because anytime you are using a very old graphics card with a relatively new one in the same system there is a potential for complications.

What is the model of your motherboard?