OS04

Commendable
Apr 9, 2021
Upgraded my PC:

Ryzen 5600X
GTX 1050 Ti
3200Mhz 8GB RAM,
500GB SSD

It was running fine and then all of a sudden it started getting really slow and laggy and when I tried to play a game, my FPS kept dropping to 1. I’ve barely installed anything and have only used it as few times, what could be the problem?

OS04

Commendable
Apr 9, 2021
did you do a fresh os install after upgrade?
install all the windows update?
how full is the ssd?
what the ram usage?
Yes I did a fresh install of windows and all the updates are installed, the SSD has barely anything on it, maybe only like 10-20Gb of stuff, RAM, CPU and all that are all running at very low percentages.

Oct 13, 2021
Yes I did a fresh install of windows and all the updates are installed, the SSD has barely anything on it, maybe only like 10-20Gb of stuff, RAM, CPU and all that are all running at very low percentages.
Use the DisplayPort/HDMI that your MoBo has and go into a game and play a while. Even if you're playing on a kind of low framerate (30fps) if it doesn't dip down in performance then your GPU has a problem.

OS04

Commendable
Apr 9, 2021
Never mind turns out I forgot to install the updates, I downloaded them and then forgot to install. Doing it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.