Question Pc randomly shuts down while gaming

samuel12

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2014
Pc randomly shuts down while gaming and beeps three times since adding secondary SSD drive my pc has 6 sata ports.
I have a windows 10 64bit system
Made by chillblast UK it has a Asus prime b450 MA motherboard
Nividia Geforce 2080 graphics card I think forgot memory on it.
Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 RAM
AMD Ryzen 2600 six core processor I think cannot gain much info due to it not booting up.

I do have two other storage devices local disk C drive is my current pc SSD drive and I have a HDD

no changes to bios settings at all I set up the new drive so windows could use it nothing stored on it yet.

So disconnected the system turned it off and then checked the ram as normally three beeps is to do with that.

noticed part of it was not clipped on correctly so I sorted that out checked everything over then tried to use system again would not boot at all.

So kept checking everything making sure things were not loose or not connected etc tried again still would not boot but I then went to turn system off by holding power button on the chassis.

I had it turned off checked things over taking ram out and blew on it as well as where it's connected and put it back where they were and still would not boot.

So as I went to turn pc off again kept trying to turn itself on but I don't think I held button properly when it did that.

But once I did it turn off and after faffing about more I got it to start booting up and it decided to go into safe mode.

So I pressed F1 as it mentioned something about going to uefi utility but did not intend to change anything I just wanted to find a way to exit everything once bios was open I just click save and exit but nothing was altered so kept settings as they were before issue occurred just wanted to exit it.

It restarted like three times it then says windows failed to load
and something about windows recovery just as I was reading what was written went to click restart pc it was frozen and would not respond to my mouse at all.

Any ideas people? sorry for an essay lol just frustrating this has occurred when no bios settings or anything has been altered

Last edited:

samuel12

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2014
I cannot remember all its specs unfortunately but it's a Chillblast UK pc who built it the PSU I think is a Corsair TX 650

They said in an email they do have warranty policy on parts they supply.
I just don't get why it did this as it was running fine for half hour or so after new SSD was set up so it could be used while playing age of empires 2 definitive edition it just crashed on me and shutdown making three beeps saying had memory issues but I never touched the ram or did anything to it

D

Deleted member 2947362

Sound's like you might need to reinstall windows or if you can get it to boot in to safe mode try and see if system restore will work?

samuel12

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2014
When I taken out one ram stick this morning and booted it up leaving one stick in its loaded up normally bit confusing I will contact chillblast UK tomorrow and find out what they saying if it's worth them taking look at it or is it just that ram stick being faulty

samuel12

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2014
Sound's like you might need to reinstall windows or if you can get it to boot in to safe mode try and see if system restore will work?
Unfortunately it crashed again last night when I was about to play a game online after I removed the stick believed to be faulty one and it said windows ran into a problem and would restart for you.

Did this like four times and I seen on screen kernel security check failure error which is something to do with BSOD error.

So have to phone chillblast UK see what they suggest to do as many have to send ram sticks back to CCL LTD as that's where I bought new ram from due to 3 beep sound and this other error.

Chillblast may have to collect the pc to fix the issues.

D

Deleted member 2947362

after reading your last post It does sounds like a Ram issue and what your doing is the best way to get it resolved.

D

Deleted member 2947362

It's hard to say you could send them both back, was you running the Kingston FURY Beast 32GB 3200MHz kit in XMP mode? (which has to be set in the BIOS)

samuel12

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2014
It's hard to say you could send them both back, was you running the Kingston FURY Beast 32GB 3200MHz kit in XMP mode? (which has to be set in the BIOS)
I am not hundred percent sure chillblast asked the same when I spoke to them on the phone but they asked me to allow remote access so they could see what triggering the issues but I had to download the software they use but pc crashed as I was searching for it online

samuel12

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2014
Speaking to them tomorrow morning to find out what to do to sort this issues out I was asked to do memtest86 to check the ram but sadly no other device I can use to download the files for that on removable memory stick