Question PC randomly shutting down and then starting up again while gaming

Oct 26, 2020
Hi,

My Pc (specs listed below) has been shutting down and then starting up again while gaming. It doesn’t happen when watching youtube videos or when browsing the web but when I play certain games (like AC valhalla, Rust, Gta V and Mordhau for example) it will shut down in about 2-5 hours the first time (this is not consistent sometimes it doesn’t shut down at all) but when it has shut down the second time it will shut down is way sooner then the first time. For example today I was able to play AC valhalla for around 3 hours then it shut down and after I started it up again it shut down in 10 minutes. I already have replaced the thermal paste but this does not seem to fix it. I don’t think overheating is the problem either because it doesn’t go higher then 70C and mostly stays in about 60-65C.

It would really help me out a ton if this could get fixed, can’t wait for the replies!

PC Specs:
CPU: i5-4430
GPU: GTX 960
PSU: 550W MS-TECH ATX Power Supply, MS-N550-VAL V 2.3
16 GB RAM

2tb HDD drive (for games programs and files etc)
250gb SSD (for the system) (C drive)
400gb HDD drive (for games programs and files etc)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2720853

Please mention the most important component when it comes to power issues - the power supply. Exact brand and model, not just wattage.

Oct 26, 2020
That's your problem. MS-Tech are one of the most garbage PSUs.

Thank you for your response, I looked the PSU brand up online and the first 2 websites were both 1 star reviews. I don't understand how this would cause the second time to shut down earlier then the first time though, can you explain this to me?

Do you know any good budget PSU's that would make a good replacement for my current PSU and will fix this issue?

I don't understand how this would cause the second time to shut down earlier then the first time though, can you explain this to me?
Different load, different temperature and other variables.
Do you know any good budget PSU's that would make a good replacement for my current PSU and will fix this issue?
Corsair CX450/550 non modulair, Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2.

Oct 26, 2020
I bought the
Cooler Master MWE 650 Bronze-v2 - 230V
from coolblue. It arrives monday I'll install it and let you know if it fixed it or not.

Thanks for the help