Pc randomly shutting down

May 2, 2018
So yesterday I had a friend over to my house to hangout and he logged into my pc with his steam account. Then I started downloading some of his games so we could play. We went out of the house for about 2 hrs a when I came back, my pc froze with a black screen but it showed the LEDs and such and my tower still on. Additionally, the power button and reset button were unresponsive and I eventually just flipped the psu button off. I was eventually able to boot iron widows and run cinebench to see if maybe hardware was not functioning correctly but I got through the cpu and gpu tests fine then black screen right after the tests were done. I would love some help

Solution
I've never heard of Powerspec as a PSU builder.
As crashes and re-boots generally are power related. I would suspect the PSU.
I fail to understand why anyone would spend hundreds,if not thousands of dollars on a top build, and trust a $25 0r $30 PSU to power it!

Thu PSU is the heart of your system, without it NOTHING works! It is the only component that, if it fails, can destroy ALL of your other components! Never "Cheap Out" on the PSU! It is false economy!
Go here:
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/
I would suggest a 5-600 watt unit from tiers 1 or 2 (certainly no lower than tier 3!), whichever ones are available to you locally.
May 2, 2018

I have an Asus x470 pro prime mobo, r5 2600x, rx560(

I've never heard of Powerspec as a PSU builder.
As crashes and re-boots generally are power related. I would suspect the PSU.
I fail to understand why anyone would spend hundreds,if not thousands of dollars on a top build, and trust a $25 0r $30 PSU to power it!

Thu PSU is the heart of your system, without it NOTHING works! It is the only component that, if it fails, can destroy ALL of your other components! Never "Cheap Out" on the PSU! It is false economy!
Go here:
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/
I would suggest a 5-600 watt unit from tiers 1 or 2 (certainly no lower than tier 3!), whichever ones are available to you locally.

Solution