[SOLVED] PC randomly turn off with windows shutdown screen

Mar 11, 2022
Hello,

My PC randomly shows windows shutdown message and turns off within seconds (doesn't even give a warning to close opened programs). this mostly happens when i'm 3d rendering(blender) or playing games.
My first suspicion was maybe this is caused by a faulty power button. So i opened Windows 'power option' and changed the power button to 'Do nothing'.
This didn't solve the problem instead it started to turn off without any shutdown message (just like when you disconnect the power). So i changed power button settings back to 'Shut down' and it started showing windows shut down message again. I also tried disconnecting the power button from the motherboard and turning on the PC with a screwdriver but this also didn't solve the problem.

After PC is turned off, sometimes it automatically restart and turns off during the bios screen, sometimes it doesn't event get to bios and turn off. sometimes it successfully restart on its own. Or sometimes i have to wait about 20 seconds before i can turn it on again.

My PC is 10 months old and the PSU is only 2 months old (recently got a replacement for warranty)

I recorded this so you can get a better idea of what is happening
The multimeter is hooked to 12V wire of the molex cable

Specs
Inter I5-10400F
MSI B460M PRO VDH(WI-FI)
Corsair CV550 80 plus bronze
MSI Geforce GTX 1660 SUPER ventus XS OC
2x Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 3200 mhz
ADATA FALCON 256 GB NVME M.2 SSD
SEAGATE 1TB HDD

Thanks in advance for any support!

Last edited: