Tomthetrain

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
I have finally just completed my pc, everything is installed and running it works great, but it often turns off randomly at completely unpredictable times without warning. Im pretty sure its not a heating issue because in the BIOS everything is at normal temperatures. It is extremely frustrating because i cant work on or play anything for any length of time because i have no idea when it will suddenly shut off. I am in the process of trying to download League of Legends and i have tried three times to download it but each time in the middle of the download the computer randomly shuts off. This issue is consistent with everything i try to do not just downloading this game. A computer that randomly stops working is almost useless so if anybody could provide help that would be great.

rusexy141

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
sounds to me your power supply is not big enough. give me your system specs and i will let you know if you have enough juice to run your system properly and i need to know if its oc, graphic cards sli or not, and i need to know what is your actual temps in your cp, and how many screens and what resolution your running them in. thank you :)

Tomthetrain

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
Here are the specs:
Motherboard: Asus F1A75 M Pro
APU: AMD A8-3870K
Case: Rosewill Challenger
Power Supply: generic Rosewill 700w (can't find the model anywhere its not on the box or anything)
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB
Hard Drive: generic Western Digital 500gb

I thought 700w would be enough but if it is still a power supply issue, what would you recommend I upgrade to?

Tomthetrain

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
not overclocked
graphics card is an Asus GTX 660, sli ready but i have only one gpu right now

CPU generally runs at about 32 to 36 degrees celsius and mb generally runs at about 30 to 34 degrees celsius

One 23 inch monitor at 1920x1080p

rusexy141

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
that should be plenty of juice for that system i advise you to run a stress test one of the programs is called prime95. make sure you check all components to test and while you are testing have your program up watching your temps and see how hih your temps get at max.