pc rebbots itself

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
hi , i was playing football manager 2015 and my pc rebooted itself suddenly , and my temps are normal. Specs :
amd a8 6600k (cooler is coolermaster hyper tx3 evo) Corsair xms3 4gb 1600mhz Corsair vs 550 asus r7 250x 1gb msi a88xm e 35 seagate ST3320310CS
Was the first time in a year and all components have that year exept HDD
can anyone help me please ?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What operating system are you using and have you reinstalled recently?
How many memory sticks make up 4Gb, 1x 4GB or 2x 2GB?

If restarting doesn't happen often will be hard to diagnose, though most common related culprits are but not limited to; PSU, Memory, Chipset/storage drivers for the operating system.

Use memtest to test your memory, make sure they're working properly; Tutorial here - http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1906201/test-memory-memtest.html If the restarting becomes frequent, try another set of ram or if have multiple sticks, try each one individually.

If your operating system is new (Fresh install) install chipset and storage controller drivers you may have forgotten.

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014

I have two slots but 1 ram only , i already do memtest and no errors . i have windows 10 but i updated the motherboard drivers already . in 1 year this is the first time that this happens . btw my hdd is the only component older than 1 year , and my pc was making strange buzzing noises on some days , but can be like 3 or 4 days without making any buzz noise . so can be hdd the problem or it's just coincidence??

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014

Yes , i have windows 10 since 29th july.
Buzzing is comming from inside , when happens(already had happen on win 8) , but the pc never restart before. , and before that i was playing fine without any performance issue

boju

Titan
Ambassador
It seems it could be the PSU, when the buzzing sound happens try isolate where it's coming from. It could be coming from a fan. If the PSU is making buzzing sounds it, restarting could now be signs it's finally giving out.

Also another thing that could be is drivers; http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2763685/stop-windows-automatically-updating-device-drivers.html

Windows 10 does install device drivers automatically without you knowing. Maybe a driver conflict is causing the reboots.

Under settings > update & security > recovery. Can reset your PC (Recommended doing after an upgrade) so it's like a fresh install but you have the option to keep your files.

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014

the buzzings seems to be HDD because have 1 bad sector and when i disconnect and connect again the power cable and sata cable goes back to normal. Btw , i didn't have any blue screen , simple rebooted my pc without any warning , i was playing normally like every day without any performance issue and pc rebooted

boju

Titan
Ambassador
HDD can cause reboots as well so look into getting it replaced. Buzzing sound from the HDD certainly isn't normal and probably just biding it's time.

If you haven't created your USB media to reinstall Win10 fresh you'd better do it now. Since you won't be able to use your previous Windows (7 or 8.1) key to install as it wont be valid for those Windows any more. Windows 10 gives a one month 'to try' then afterwards your key you upgraded with will be tied to it. Only be a problem if you didn't have another computer at least to set up the usb if the HDD went completely dead.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If your bios is able to boot with USB then this will be easiest, Microsoft reckons a little over 3GB space but i'd have at least 4GB.

Run the tool, 32bit/64bit which ever bit your Win10 is. It will ask which bootable method to create (DVD or USB) and an option download the version you upgraded to, so get that part right with the Win10 version.

It will set up the usb for you and can reinstall Win10 whenever. Your Win7 key has been marked as upgraded to Win10 on their servers so when you go to enter key in the initial Win10 setup, skip that part. It will ask for Cdkey twice, skip both times. Once you're connected to the internet it will activate.

It wont recognize the win7/8.1 key anyway if you put it in, i tried :)

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014

I will go do that . my pc doesnt reboot anymore since yesterday and i've using them during all day