Pc reboots during some games

Oct 26, 2018
I have my PC for about 6 months and up to now if not encountered any problems with it. I play games like GTA5, BF1, Rainbow six siege and Wow without any problems. Recently i started playing World War 3 and my PC will reboot after only a couple of minutes playing.

My specs are the following:
AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
16 gb RAM
550 watt ATX PSU
Radeon RX 580 Series

I already did a memory check with no bad results. While playing World war 3 my highest temperature is 62 degrees (GPU). I have reinstalled my GPU and CPU drivers aswell and if got the latest versions.

What else can cause these reboots?

Solution
I just wanted to check compatibility of the RAM to your system.

Did you get a chance to run memtest? Try testing one stick at a time. If the test comes out good then move the same stick to the next slot and test again. Do the test on each module in a different slot and then combine for testing. The testing is time consuming but it helps narrow down the issues.

Going to be gone most of the day.
Oct 26, 2018
I just noticed that only a part of my RAM is being used, could this be part of the problem?

Installed memory: 16 GB (7.95 GB usable)

I allready tried replacing the RAM in diffrent slots. Tried slot 1 and 3 and 2 and 4

Grugbug

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
Run memtest overnight.
Link to memtest: https://www.memtest86.com/

Also, what is memory make/ model. From my understanding Ryzen based systems are picky with memory.
Have you tried one stick at a time in different slots?

Grugbug

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
I just wanted to check compatibility of the RAM to your system.

Did you get a chance to run memtest? Try testing one stick at a time. If the test comes out good then move the same stick to the next slot and test again. Do the test on each module in a different slot and then combine for testing. The testing is time consuming but it helps narrow down the issues.

Going to be gone most of the day.

Solution
Oct 26, 2018
Apologies for taking so long to respond. I replaced my PSU. This did the trick for the sudden reboots. As for the memtest; One module is working fine, when i tried the other module the computer will turn on, but nothing more. Seems like the second module is broken. ( i did try different slots)

I guess i just have to buy new memory..

Thanks for all the help!