Question PC reboots randomly during games

jackstevens5

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
Hello,

I've been getting randomly PC reboots at random times while playing some games like GTA V & Phasmophobia.

The specs I have;

Asus Z370p
i7-8700k
GTX 1060
750w PSU
liquid cooler
and 2 fans

I have tried reinstalling windows, updating drivers, updating windows & changing PSU but nothing seems to work.

Last edited:
Hello,

I've been getting randomly PC crashes at random times while playing some games like GTA V & Phasmophobia.

The specs I have;

Asus Z370p
i7-8700k
GTX 1060
750w PSU
liquid cooler
and 2 fans

I have tried reinstalling windows, updating drivers, updating windows & changing PSU but nothing seems to work.
Have you check your system temperatures ?
What are the model of the PSUs?

The Gpu runs around 60degrees when playing and cpu it around 70 fine
and the model of the PSU is 750w superflower leadex

It doesn't crash, it just reboots sorry.
Download and run HWmonitor or Core Temp to track temperatures in real time in case the temp spikes causing the PC to reboot. Core Temp come bundle with a search bar, so be careful not to hit 'agree' to that during installation.
You have a solid PSU (unless is a faulty unit), so the system is either overheating or the RAM is misconfigured or faulty.
What's your RAM model and how's configured? If you do not know , then you could use CPU-Z to get the RAM information. Use the zip version so you don't have to install it.
Test your RAM with Memtest86 running it from a USB.

Hey,

Sorry for the late reply. I've replaced my ram and still same issue occurs. However, I changed them back and grabbed the information from CPU-Z. Not sure the best way to send it to you but here is the info it gave me - https://pastebin.com/XNQuifce
It will be better just to take screenshots of CPU-Z Memory and SPD tabs.
Is the RAM installed in the appropriate RAM slots?
Matching RAM modules should be place in the 2nd and 4th slots.
Did you happen to test the RAM with Memtes86?

Last edited: