PC Reboots when playing certain games

trebor901

Honorable
Feb 25, 2014
PC ALSO REBOOTS PLAYING WAR THUNDER

PC SPECS - i7 8700k (Turbo Boost enabled)
16GB DDR4 3000MHZ
GTX 1080TI MSI TRIO
MSI Z370 CARBON
500GB M.2 SSD
3TB HDD
Aerocool P7 (Project 7) 850W PLAT
NZXT KRAKEN X52

ACER 27" 1440P 165HZ G SYNC

Hi guys my pc keeps rebooting after a few minutes of playing the Witcher 3. There is no BSOD and the computer instantly reboots, temperatures are fine GPU sits around 60-75c and CPU sits around 45-60c.

I have run PRIME95 and FURMARK at the same time so everything is pulling a lot of power and i get no crash.

Games i have experienced crashes on -
War Thunder
Witcher 3

Any ideas?

I have already
1.Fully Wiped then reinstalled GPU drivers
2.Reseated GPU
3.Set Bios to default

I have already sent off the GPU for RMA and they sent it back reporting there were no faults with it.

Solution
First thoughts would be temps then power supply but based on your description we can pretty much rule that out.

Next thing that comes to mind is ram. A computer straight restarting with no bsod is commonly a symptom of failing ram.

What you can do is take out every stick of ram you have and put one back in at a time and try again. If it doesn’t crash one of your sticks are failing, you can then rinse and repeat to find the faulty stick.

EDIT: not sure how much pc building experience you have but if you do try this make sure you’re putting the single stick in the right module, they will be numbered 1 through 4 and you’ll need to put it in 1, if you’re unsure which is which refer to your mb manual.

hahapingazzz

Honorable
Nov 10, 2015
First thoughts would be temps then power supply but based on your description we can pretty much rule that out.

Next thing that comes to mind is ram. A computer straight restarting with no bsod is commonly a symptom of failing ram.

What you can do is take out every stick of ram you have and put one back in at a time and try again. If it doesn’t crash one of your sticks are failing, you can then rinse and repeat to find the faulty stick.

EDIT: not sure how much pc building experience you have but if you do try this make sure you’re putting the single stick in the right module, they will be numbered 1 through 4 and you’ll need to put it in 1, if you’re unsure which is which refer to your mb manual.

Solution

hahapingazzz

Honorable
Nov 10, 2015
Do you have a second monitor? If so Bring up temps and task manager on your second monitor and watch them closely before it crashes, tell me if there is any spikes in usage (cpu, ram, hdd) and also take note of the temps as it crashes

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from trebor901 : "War Thunder Crashing PC and CSGO FPS Issues"

trebor901

Honorable
Feb 25, 2014
Okay so I made sure all cables are connected to mobo and psu. Also made sure to directly connect pc to main socket. Still have crashes. Interesting is if I start war thunder on high settings there is no crash but there is if I run it in max. Escape from tarkov has also crashes since. Assassins creed origins does not seem to crash at all. All temps seem fine before shutdown.