Question PC Reboots Without warning

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 4, 2022
Hi all, my specs:
Mobo - gigabyte b560 ds3h
GPU - nvidia rtx 3070ti FE
CPU - Intel Core i5 11400
CPU cooler - veetro v5
RAM - 16 gb 2 stick silcon power
SSD - Kingston about 200gb
HDD - 1TB
PSU - EVGA 710 BP 710w

My PC has been crashing only when I play video games (specifically CSGO which isn’t very GPU heavy game) somehow it looks like it’s being overloaded and I just get a freeze screen with loud buzzing sound.

Things I’ve tried:
  1. Tested memory, everything passed a couple of times
  2. Tested GPU, everything works as it should
  3. Tested CPU, everything looks good
  4. Got a new PSU (upgrade from EVGA 500 to 710)
  5. Uninstalled and reinstalled sound drivers
  6. Flashed my bios
  7. Ran System File Checker and nothing came up.

When I run the event viewer/error log, I see that everytime the computer reboots it counts as a critical error due to “kernel-power Event 41 (63)”, I’m not really sure what to make of that, but I currently run windows 11, not sure if that causes any issues but everything is updated for windows.

I’m running out of ideas and would love to get some help!

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2022
there is alot can going on here:
  1. Unstable Power Supply./Power Outlet. which is you already checked and seem normal < Unlikely the problem since if u got power problem the pc will directly send u to BSOD screen or just abruptly restart without freezing
  2. Memory (i suggest u try running from single memory to troubleshoot maybe one of your memory is faulty) <Which is unlikely since memory failure usually give u BSOD
  3. Faulty SSD controller. try partition your hdd and install 2nd OS in there see if the problem still exsist since HDD More reliable<Just my opinion (it try hard even the faulty one still trying to run). this is the most match to your case. since u got freeze screen with loud buzzing sound.