[SOLVED] PC repeatedly reboots at motherboard splash-screen after BIOS update ?

Mar 2, 2021
I was updating my BIOS (p2.60) to accommodate a new CPU and I updated to a bridge BIOS (p3.40) successfully and booted to Windows with no issue. Then I proceeded to the next BIOS (p4.70) which it said updated successfully and now whenever trying to boot to any drive the computer repeatedly restarts.
--I tried booting to Windows installation media (which I know works because I just used it on another PC).
--I have ensured that all cables are properly connected/parts properly seated.
--I tried booting with only one stick of RAM/tried the other stick.
--I tried resetting BIOS by removing the CMOS battery.
Did I screw up my motherboard or is there a fix somewhere? Did I make some stupid mistake?
Thanks in advance.

Ryzen 7 1700
Asrock AB350 Pro4
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB 2666mhz
Gigabyte GTX 1080
be Quiet Straight Power 11 1000w
WD Blue 500GB m.2 SSD

Last edited:
Solution
@ophlee : Well...BIOS v4.70 for that board has AGESA 1.0.0.1a which is one of the early AGESA's for Pinnacle Ridge and probably buggy for it. I'd update to v5.40 which has AGESA 1.0.0.6 and is pretty good even for Summit Ridge CPU's like your 1700.

But go no further than that unless going to a Matisse CPU.

Also: if you haven't, be sure to reset CMOS after updating BIOS. That may be why it's not finding a boot partition and defaulting into setup. Just removing the battery may not do it so short the pins too.
@ophlee : Well...BIOS v4.70 for that board has AGESA 1.0.0.1a which is one of the early AGESA's for Pinnacle Ridge and probably buggy for it. I'd update to v5.40 which has AGESA 1.0.0.6 and is pretty good even for Summit Ridge CPU's like your 1700.

But go no further than that unless going to a Matisse CPU.

Also: if you haven't, be sure to reset CMOS after updating BIOS. That may be why it's not finding a boot partition and defaulting into setup. Just removing the battery may not do it so short the pins too.

Last edited:
Reactions: ophlee
Solution

TRENDING THREADS