Question PC restart loop

kyle_flores26

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
long story short one day my pc started restarting out of nowhere i removed my gpu and it still persisted so the ram was the next thing. I moved the ram and it works for various amount of times sometimes hours days and sometimes mere minutes until it falls back to the reset loop ive removed one ram and it shortens the time but it still happens. The ram removed i let my friend test and it works for him no restarts idk what to do cuz i dont know what the problem is in the first place help me please

specs:
proc:i5-7600k
mobo: gigabyte z270
ram: gskill trident z 2x4gb
gpu: zotac 1070
psu: seasonic 650 x-series
hdd: 1tb wd
ssd samsung 250gb

Last edited:

kyle_flores26

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
Do you use the original cables of this PSU or did you get other sleeved cables for it?

Did you overclock your system?
i have not overclocked my system and yes i used the original cables provided by the psu also additional question you really think the psu is the culprit? idk why but switching ram slots lengthens the time it restart loops and adding a second ram makes it somehow not work at all

Last edited:
check the windows event manager for problems
(right click on the windows start icon)

Did you check the SSD with samsung magician and is the firmware up to date? Also the WD HDD with the wdlife tool.

check the CPU socket of the motherboard for bend or discolored pins

run www.memtest.org USB auto installer and boot from it

which gigabyte Z270 model is it exactly? Which BIOS version is installed on it?
update the BIOS within the BIOS using the q-flash menu and the BIOS file unzipped on an USB pen drive

reset the BIOS by jumper