PC Restart While NOT Gaming

Mar 29, 2018
i dont know why my pc is restarting suddenly when im not gaming it didnt happen before while im gaming just after gaming like 10-30 mins after playing - not always but sometimes - it restart it happen before while im in microsoft Word , and in google chrome , and in the desktop , but never while gaming !! so please if anyone have answer help me
Build is : 4 months ago
specs :
CPU : i7- 7700
GPU :GTX 1070
MotherBoard :MSI B250M
Ram : Hyper X Fury 8GB DDR4 2400Mhz
PSU : 650 Watt Thermal Take Life Power Saver

Jesse_20

Distinguished
He said it restarts when Not gaming, signifying that the heat is not an issue. MS Word and Chrome do not heat a PC like gaming does. It's most likely an issue with a driver or possibly an app running in the background. To start, open event viewer and look for errors in the system log. You can also run "sfc /scannow" from a cmd prompt. Try disabling chrome extensions and programs that run at startup. Run a virus scan, and check for windows updates.

XxDarkMarioxX

Respectable
Dec 25, 2016

They are sometimes where your computer CPU can get really hot while idling just wanted to know what his temps were his cooler or pump might off broken making cpu to overheat something like that! There could be many reasons why his computer is restarting by itself!

Jesse_20

Distinguished
If it did have anything to do with his cooling, why wouldn't it turn off when he games, when you KNOW the system runs hotter than when casual surfing the web? If anything, it would turn off that much faster, as the threshold would be reached much more quickly while the system is actively doing work.
But it doesn't, so it isn't.

Mar 29, 2018
and there is one thing i notice this thing reset when the problem happen : http://prntscr.com/jq2wjm , it was 5 days and 12 hours something like that but in the picture after my pc run again i opend it and its just 40 sec 
it doesnt reset after shut down my pc , and i play pubg and bf1 and the temp goes to 75-70 degree , i dont think its from the heat .

Jul 9, 2018
Hello!! how did you fix your issue? I have RX 580 4GB with Cooler master GX750W PSU. My PC is restarting while gaming. I don't know what to do.Last time GPU temperature was 51 degree. Usage was 92% Memory usage 2379MB and Ram usage was 5353MB.

I had 500W Chinese PSU and had no issue but it got burned because it was heating like hell. I bought this 750W PSU two days ago.

Can someone please help me with this?