PC Restarting Spontaniously

m.ramaneeshwar

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017
PC restarting spontaneously
+12v rail shows around 10.38 at BIOS but shows a steady 12.6 while testing the PSU using a multi-meter
Also ran Memtest86,no error shows up
no error messages or BSOD shows up after the system restarts
sometimes the pc would restart even at BIOS Screen or at the bootup screen
Kindly Help Friends
PC Specs
Intel DG41wv Motherboard
Intel Pentium Dual Core E5700 at 3.00 ghz (No Overclocking)
2 RAM Sticks (1 GB Each,2 GB Total)
Seagate 500 gb HDD
iBall 450 Watt Power SUpply
1 CPU Fan(Stock Intel)
1 Chassis Fan
Runs WIndows 7 Service Pack 1, 64 Bit

Solution

Ya his kind of information is very important for people that are trying to help. DId you replace the battery?.......if you have I think it might be a good time to get a new computer

m.ramaneeshwar

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017

Hello my Friend,Thanks for replying,
I have a backup psu of 500w which i tried,
the same problem persists,
so let me try the bios update, lets hope it helps
Thank You

xxepiccrulerxx

Prominent
Sep 11, 2017

this might sound really dumb, but make sure the CPU fan is connected/working, if its not the PC will automatically shut itself off as a fail-safe so it doesn't brick your CPU

m.ramaneeshwar

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017

Hello my Friend
Thanks for replying
I checked it,the fan is fully intact and is making good connection with the mobo
i also checked it with some utilities and the fan seems to maintain a good RPM,
so it mostly would not be the cause of the problem,
Thank you for considering the question.

m.ramaneeshwar

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017

Hello my friend
the PC seems to work normally right,but to be safe, I Updated the latest BIOS for my PC,
Hence I would update the status as frequently as possible

DarkEngine

Reputable
Oct 9, 2015

Yes make sure your all updated. Did you check all your power cables?...is your problem solved now?

m.ramaneeshwar

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017

Hi my friend
The problem seems to persist as that spontanious restart started to appear again,I am frustraed to the point of replacinh the motherboard,
Is there any other options that i could try ??

xxepiccrulerxx

Prominent
Sep 11, 2017

How is the temps of your pc? Does the interior of the PC get really hot and/or does your cpu temp exceed 75c
Have you recently overclocked your CPU or modified anything that could be causing this issue?

gosubuilder

Commendable
Apr 21, 2017
I had a similar problem, and over time it just kept getting worse... sometimes unplugging the hard drive sata cables, re-plugging it, and rebooting worked.

i eventually ended up building a new computer from parts recommended by people on this forum. it was way over due for a tech refresh.

But, enough about me. you confirmed it's not your PSU, so lets test your ram. test each of your ram sticks on its own, see if thats the issue.

m.ramaneeshwar

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017

Hi my friend,the pc is really old but the ideal temperature within the pc does not exceed 48c for processor and 38c for motherboard
And i never ever tried to overclock the pc,
Thanks for replying my friend

m.ramaneeshwar

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017
Hello friends,i forgot to mention a problem that i have been having previously,i.e the mobo cannot maintain the cmos time due to battery error,and the motherboard is not recharging the 3v cmos battery,would this be of any help ??

DarkEngine

Reputable
Oct 9, 2015

Ya his kind of information is very important for people that are trying to help. DId you replace the battery?.......if you have I think it might be a good time to get a new computer

Solution

m.ramaneeshwar

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017

Hi,im going to test by replacing the battery,but im pretty sure that the mobo is in its deathbed,so ill change the cmos battery and will update to within a week for further updates,thanks my friend