Question PC restarting upon FPS game launch

Apr 28, 2021
Looking for some advice on how to fix my pc. I recently downloaded Warzone for the first time and when I try launching the game my pc restarts. Doesn't seem to be a temp issue, according to iCue my GPU is around 36C. I'm new to all this pc stuff, and only got this back in Feb from cyberpower. Here's the specs from cyberpower:

• CARE1: CPU Thermal Compound - Our Cooler Master MASTERGEL High Performance Thermal Compound can improve cooling performance as well as prolong the life of your CPU. [+10]
  • CAS: CyberPowerPC AMETHYST 240V Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Front & both Side Tempered Glass + 3x ARGB FANS [-1] (White Color)
  • CC: None
  • COOLANT: None
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600X 3.7GHz [4.6GHz Turbo] 6 Cores/ 12 Threads 35MB Total Cache 65W Processor
  • CS_FAN: Default case fans
  • ENGRAVING: None
  • FAN: Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML240L V2 240mm ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler with Copper Cold Plate [+0]
  • HDD: 1TB WD Blue SN550 Series PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 2400/1950 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 410/405k (Single Drive)
  • HDD2: None
  • IUSB: Built-in USB Ports (Based on motherboard and case selection)
  • MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3200MHz Memory [-40] (Team T-Force Delta RGB)
  • MOPAD: None
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (Wi-Fi) ATX w/ RGB, Realtek LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 8 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe [+86]
  • NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
  • OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
  • POWERSUPPLY: 650 Watts - Corsair RM Series RM650 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Fully Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply [+60]
  • PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring + [White] Phanteks Premium Extension Cables sleeved set [24Pin MB + 8Pin CPU + 6+2 Pin VGA] [+39]
  • SLI_BRIDGE: None
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • VIDEO: GeForce® GTX 1660 SUPER 6GB GDDR6 (Turing) [VR Ready] (Single Card)

A system shutting down or restarting is mostly a PSU, overheating or GPU issue. It can be other things but that's what is seen the most.

I can see that you have extension cables in that system for the MB, CPU and GPU power cables. It could be an issue with those extension cables too.

If you bought that PC from cyberpower and it's still under warranty I would call them.

Is it doing the same thing when you start to launch other games?

Apr 28, 2021
Thanks for the quick response. I’ve been able to play The Forest for over 35 hours with no issues. I’ve also been able to play resident evil 4, it runs a tad slow, but I haven’t messed with the graphics too much yet.

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
It is indeed weird a single game while the others don't, causes your pc to reboot. Especially one such as warzone which is not that demanding of a game. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the game first and foremost? Because if it's just that game there's definitely a problem with it rather than your pc having a problem. Also i would probably uninstall/reinstall the drivers using DDU, just to make sure nothing weird happened when the people that built your pc installed windows on your computer. Here's a vid how to do it (all you need to do differently from the video is that instead choosing amd in the drop down menu in ddu, you need to choose nvidia as you have an nvidia card... the rest is exactly the same). Once you did that, we can go from there.

View: https://youtu.be/xn8z39tiEL0

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021
Ok, tried all of those steps and still no dice. I uninstalled the game, uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers via DDU. I tried downloading Scavengers, a newly released game, and it let me get into the loading screen before joining a game, and then the restart happened. Warzone won't even get past a few seconds after launching it. The Forest still works with zero issues. Really not sure what could be the issue here, but I did submit a ticket with cyberpower, so hopefully I hear something from them soon.