[SOLVED] PC restarting when playing intensive video games

Nov 4, 2018
So I've had this problem for quite a while now, but am just getting back into PC gaming so I'd like to get it sorted. The entire PC shuts down then restarts, no bluescreening or messages.
So here's what I know so far:

No overheating in my CPU or GPU.
PSU has been checked and seemingly no problems with supply.
One weird thing is that the fans on my GPU won't move without afterburner so I'm thinking maybe motherboard problem there? But that's not much of a problem because afterburner fixes it.
I have tried disabling cores in my CPU, and I've had no restarts yet with only 1 or 2 cores active so it's probably that.

Anyway, just wanted a more professional outlook on the problem. If you could help it would seriously make my day.
Thanks!

Specs:
CPU - FX-8350 4ghz 8-core
Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
Ram - 2x4gb DDR3-1333
GPU - MSI RADEON RX 580 8GB
PSU - Corsair CX 600W 80+

Solution
If issue happens with more than one video card and different power supplies, then you are left with the motherboard or CPU as most likely issues. Nothing is overclocked when you are testing correct? Did you check temps to make sure it's not overheating? Try different RAM maybe, try a clean Windows setup to rule out any software issues?
Nov 4, 2018
Yes I have checked the system with another power supply and the gpu I am now using is brand new (the same problem happened with my old one too)
But that makes no difference.

If issue happens with more than one video card and different power supplies, then you are left with the motherboard or CPU as most likely issues. Nothing is overclocked when you are testing correct? Did you check temps to make sure it's not overheating? Try different RAM maybe, try a clean Windows setup to rule out any software issues?

Solution