PC restarting while playing Assassin's Creed Origins and Black Desert Online on ultra settings

RyanTodd1

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2015
Hi there,

I would ignore "issues with GPU", if there were issues with a GPU the PC wouldnt shut down. These newer games are quite demanding on the CPU front, that being said with your spec they should be quite capable dealing with the strain of these games. However, this does seem to be an issue with overheating of the CPU. Have you tried double checking the heat of the CPU with different programs as some do show inconsistencies and they also cool down very quick once you tab out a game to check. I'd maybe have a look in to that first and be certain that the CPU is keeping cool.

Have you overclocked/changed any voltage settings that go to the CPU at all?

Also what PSU do you have, i hope it isnt a low cost one with that setup :/

MichaelMCMXCVII

Reputable
Dec 21, 2015
Yes I’ve checked the temp with multiple programs.. it sits between 55 and 68 max and I’m only using turbo boost. I used to have it OC’ed to 4.9 but I was only using that in arma 3 and since I took a break from arma I’ve reset it to default. As for PSU I got a Seasonic S12II-620 Bronze ( 620W ). I’ve kept it since I had 2 GTX 970 with a 4790k