Pc restarts after gaming for 1 to 2 hrs

Jul 20, 2018
I built a new pc of specs i5 7400 ..8 gb DDR4 ran...gtx 1050ti...with gigabyte h110 mother board...with 450 watt PSU..1tb..and 120 SSD.....its works good but when i game for 2 hr any game ..its restarts...... it restarts only when i play games....i applied thermal paste rebuilt ot many time but ...its not fixed ....please help me...

Solution
A failure over time smells to me like a heat issue.
A cpu will throttle or shut down if it detects a dangerous temperature; that is around 100c.

What is your idle temperature?
I expect to see 10-15c. over ambient if the stock cooler is mounted well.

What is your case and fan arrangement?
If you take the case covers off does that help.

What is the make/model of your psu?
Unless your 450w psu is crap, it is not likely the cause.
What is the make/model of your GTX1050ti?
A normal GTX1050ti will run on 300w. perhaps 50w more if it is an overclocked version that needs aux 6 pin power.

Doctor Rob

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
could easily be the power supply being a little small and over time after gaming it is just overheating. I would replace the power supply and see if that helps. I would suggest you have 500 to 600 watts for what you are running and a good name brand one. only reason I say this is I assume that you have checked the other temps and found them normal being you have change the thermal paste and such.

A failure over time smells to me like a heat issue.
A cpu will throttle or shut down if it detects a dangerous temperature; that is around 100c.

What is your idle temperature?
I expect to see 10-15c. over ambient if the stock cooler is mounted well.

What is your case and fan arrangement?
If you take the case covers off does that help.

What is the make/model of your psu?
Unless your 450w psu is crap, it is not likely the cause.
What is the make/model of your GTX1050ti?
A normal GTX1050ti will run on 300w. perhaps 50w more if it is an overclocked version that needs aux 6 pin power.

Solution