Question PC Restarts after starting/playing games and I have no idea why.

Aug 8, 2024
I have a MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi Board. Intel Core i5 10600k @ 4.10GHz. 64 gigs DDR4 of memory from Corsair. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 Super. Running off an 850Watt PSU. Switched from a case to a larger case to fit the new RTX 4080 GPU and everything ran great. The MSI CPU cooler (MAG Coreliquid 240R) was making a weird noise being mounted horizontal so I bought a new MSI CPU cooler (K360 V2) and mounted it. Cleaned and replaced the thermal paste. Went through several times reconnecting connections to make sure they're secure, including the GPU and Memory slots. I ran through the event viewer and found nothing out of the ordinary. Updated drivers to current drivers. Tried to update the bios for the motherboard.

I'm out of ideas and getting frustrated. While starting a game, or a minute or two in game, the PC makes a weird electronic "Brrrrrrrrrrrr" noise and then boots me out of windows. It seems to only boot me out of windows, but once or twice now it's restarted the PC and given me the BSOD image before restarting on its own. It doesn't do it outside of gaming, I can run windows and browse the internet just fine. CPU temps are under 50c while gaming.

I have no idea why this is happening, and it's only started after putting on the new cooler. Should I just put the old one back on?