[SOLVED] PC Restarts Automatically on UPS When Power Gets Restored!

Snowman9

Reputable
Apr 20, 2016
Hello Guys,

I have recently built a new PC and i have been facing this weird issue from past 1 month where my PC is getting restarted automatically whenever power gets restored after power outage even though other components like Sony LED TV 32inch, TP-link Router are also connected to my UPS and my TV and router don't restart automatically. It is only happening to my system which is getting restarted automatically.

Please find below my system specs.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
RAM: Corsair DDR4 16 GB Vengeance 3200Mhz
GPU: NVidia 750Ti 2GB GDDR5
Storage: Samsung SSD 250 GB and Seagate 1TB HDD
PSU: Corsair VS 550W
UPS: APC Back UPS 1100

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 20H2

My UPS is connected straight to the wall and working fine because whenever there is a power failure, UPS gives about 15 to 20 mins of backup. When my system was already running on UPS during power failure and when power comes back/gets restored, My PC just restarts automatically and there is no BSOD just plain restart.

I do gaming, watch youtube videos, surfing with multiple tabs and never face any restart issue in the middle. It only occurs whenever there is a power outage and my system is on UPS and when power gets restored. System gets restarted automatically.

I have checked eventviewer and all i could find is this "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

I am very confused as to what to check in this case.

Please help me and if you need any other information, do let me know.

Thank You

Solution
probably the power supply is shutting down while the ups is switching from battery to the power line again.
Might be because of a protection circuit triggered by over-/undervoltage/-current

Try a different PSU and UPS

try not using the TV and router with the ups for testing, if the pc is restarting after a power outage as well without these connected to the ups, should be your Corsair VS 550W PSU
probably the power supply is shutting down while the ups is switching from battery to the power line again.
Might be because of a protection circuit triggered by over-/undervoltage/-current

Try a different PSU and UPS

try not using the TV and router with the ups for testing, if the pc is restarting after a power outage as well without these connected to the ups, should be your Corsair VS 550W PSU

Reactions: Snowman9
Solution

Snowman9

Reputable
Apr 20, 2016
Hello Guys,

As per helpstar, i did change my PSU.

I have upgraded my PSU to Corsair 650W Bronze 80 Plus and restart issue has been resolved.

No more restart during power cut or after power restored.

Big Thanks to helpstar.